cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Notre Dame Paris Is Burning

WOW

They think it had something to do with a renovation in the rear.

Would't it be awful if it was someone's cigarette? 

It almost had to be that or a welder.

Have you ever had your  cigarette start a fire?

Scary stuff

I lost a cherry in a couch and it started on fire after we went to bed.

Fire department had to come and put it out.

10 Replies
AnnetteMM

I'm watching it right now. It's devastating to lose such an icon of cultural history.

I started a fire with a cigarette once. I threw it by mistake into a pile of mulch - right in front of my grandmother's nursing home! Horrifying. I ruined a pair of sneakers stomping it out.

sweetplt

Dale just turned on news and watching ... all wood ... I hope not a cigarette...I am just glad no one hurt...

Omg...I burnt my skirt on the first day of a job...Can you believe??? Turned out to be a funny story, years later ... about girl started job and a hot ash flew on back of skirt ...came into work and something smelled and they went “oh my god you are on fire” well it was a little part of skirt...no one was hurt...but talk about embarrassed...

indingrl

Just heard from MY husband about this - sad.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Notre Dame saved from total destruction as fire rages on 

Let us all rejoice in the good.

Namaste

Mandolinrain

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Notre Dame saved from total destruction as fire rages on I would rather see some then none at all!!

Namaste

elvan

I have cried over this since I first heard it, my mother would have been completely devastated, it was one of the places in Paris that she so wanted to show me.  It had scaffolding around it back in the 90's when we went.  It was such a magnificent building that held so much history.  The towers still stand but so much has been lost.  That place was magnificent and for this to happen during Holy Week makes it seem all the more painful.  I don't know what started it but a church in our town burned down when it was being renovated as well...it was caused by a tool used to remove old paint that was left next to the steeple.  It is so sad...the losses are irreplaceable.  

Bonnie

Dale, I thought the same thing when I first heard today at work.  Yes, I started a fire with a cig.  I worked for my mom the summer before I got married, when she was a department secretary at Valley State College.  I borrowed her car to run an errand at lunch and rolled down the window to flick my ashes out, since she didn't know I smoked (this all sounds so incredibly naïve, but I was only 20).  I hit the end of the cigarette on the top of the window and the "cherry" flew back into the car and landed on the back seat.  I THOUGHT I took care of it, but when she and I came out at 5:00 to go home, there was the fire truck by her car...the back seat wasn't in the best shape but the damage was relatively minor compared to what it could have been.  I bluffed my way through it...had left the window rolled down a bit and said somebody's cigarette ash must have come in through the open window (well...that WASN'T a lie).  I never copped to it and she didn't pursue it, but I never forgot it...The shame of being a smoker...awful!

Barb102

Just heard on the news that the entire altar is completely intact. What a blessing. It gave me chills