cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nevergiveup

Note to Self

This website is my lifeline right now. It NEEDS to be my ultimate go-to and I need to remind myself (in place of cravings) just how rough the first week or so of quitting really is so that I break the cycle and continue to stay focused. Multiple stressors exist, some pretty heavy in nature...and will continue to exist...but my reaction (or lack thereof) will inevitably save me. Truly do appreciate all of you who also walk this walk daily. Although I'm not much of a drinker (cause I needn't yet another addiction), Stevie Ray Vaughan's Life by the Drop breaks it all down...could just change it to nevergiveup's version, Life by the Drag.

16 Replies
sweetplt

Glad you are back and didn’t disable your account...nevergiveup Is today Day 1 ? Yes keep close to the support site...it does wonders when a crave or trigger overwhelm you...We are in this together...deep breaths today and Happy Friday ~ Colleen 200 DOF 

nevergiveup

Me, too. Thanks, Colleen! No. Today is day 5, just haven't posted anything until today. I appreciate you! Martha

jenking

Hi! Happy Friday! I am on Day 3 and it hasn't been easy, but could be worse. I have left this site up at all times and come to it often when I feel a craving. You go this!! 

nevergiveup

Thank you!

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome who is steve vaun - welcome to both of YOU and congrats on a non smoker life style ONE moment at a time - WAY TO GO!!!! Yahoooooo for YOU- gentle hug.❤

nevergiveup

Stevie Ray Vaughn was a blues musician. Music is simply one of my positive go-tos each and every day, especially now. Thank you!

Sootie

You have a great attitude. Congrats on Day 5. As we say----one day (sometimes, one minute!) at a time......that is how this is done. On to Day 6 and the rest of your life.

Stay Strong.

minihorses

YES for day 5!  Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it.  A baby step at a time can lead to winning the marathon and you've got the biggest support team going.

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for your 5 stupendous Smokefree days and counting WTG, hang onto your positive attitude because it'll get through any rough patches that you may come upon ....