Give and get support around quitting

selena1717

Not allowed to smoke

What can I do with myself if I am not allowed to smoke

#prisoneratschool

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Vincent713

Well i was not allowed to smoke in my house either. I am 14. i am 6 days free. it is a very hard to quit. how much do you smoke maybe i can help with some answers.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Vincent - Do you mean that you are 14 years old?  Bless your heart - It is very hard to quit - but it will be the best decision that you will ever make.  Let me know if I can help.

0 Kudos
Vincent713

Yes i am 14 years old. I have smoked since i was about 7 or earlier. This has been a very hard decision to quit. the cravings and all the other stuff are at its peak. but ill make it through. i did it cold turkey too.

Giulia

Wow Vincent713‌ quitting at 14!  You have any idea how much all of us here wish we had quit at your age?!!!   Proud of you!  You stick with it.  Tomorrow marks your one-week milestone.  How awesome is THAT!

selena1717‌  You're here presumably because you want to quit, right?  So not being allowed to smoke is a GOOD thing.  Part of the homework we do here is to find other things to occupy our brains during cravings.  Jennifer  gave you a good list.  Be creative, find your own magic to keep yourself busy and focused on things OTHER than smoking.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Tell us about yourself.  Have you quit yet?  How long did you smoke?  Are you using any aids to help with your quit?  The more we know about your situation, the better help we can give.  

By not allowed to smoke - do you mean because you have quit?  Or are you in a situation where you cannot smoke?  I am not sure what you are asking but here is a link to 100 things to do besides smoke.  Maybe that will help.

100 Things to Do Besides Smoke

0 Kudos
Vincent713

Just read your "100 Things to do besides smoke" that was helpful. Thank you a ton!!!

Strudel

I think Every person here would give so much to go back and quit at an earlier age - you are SO SMART! Congrats on deciding to quit! It will be an amazing thing for you - I promise! Welcome to ththe site - stay close! 

0 Kudos
elvan

You are BOTH so lucky to be starting this journey so young.  I am sure that it does not seem that way right now but PLEASE believe that it is true.  You have likely not damaged your bodies the way that people who smoked for years have and you can LEARN so much about yourselves.  You can try journaling about what you are feeling and look back on it as you grow and believe me, you WILL grow.  I will not tell you it is easy because it is an addiction and recovering from any addiction requires work and commitment and you need to remember that it will all be worth it.  It will all be worth every minute of discomfort you go through,  smoking will do NOTHING FOR you but the damage it can do to your body and to your emotional growth is devastating.  No crave ever killed a person, smoking kills people every day.  Remember the acronym N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever.  This is a journey and if you keep cigarettes away from your face, you will be rewarded in ways that you cannot imagine.  I promise you that it will get easier and YOU will be able to teach others!

selena1717‌ and Vincent713‌ you both have a really important opportunity here.  

Welcome to EX,

Ellen