cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sassishelli

No more after this Sunday!

I'm quitting (again) and want to mean it this time. I've told my co-workers countless times that I am quitting, only to fall off the wagon and light up all over again. I'm going to stop after Saturday. I am going on vacation next week and want to use the time away as a starting point. If I don't smoke while I am gone, it's going to help me stay strong when I come home.

I wanted to say hello to everyone on here. I've never used an online support network to help me quit, so I hope I can utilize the people here to help me when I'm feeling like I can't deal anymore and need to smoke.

My triggers are routine (smoking at the same times each day), friends who smoke (and also participate in the routine with me), stress, and sadness.

Thanks for listening 🙂
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sassishelli

Thanks for the support Jennifer! I'm here if you need to talk, vent, or just say hello 🙂
0 Kudos
jennifer12

Hi Shelli! I have never used an online support network either. I am kind of new to this whole quitting thing too. I have tried a couple of times, but not with my full heart behind it. There is nothing like the present! My main trigger is routine as well. I also have this nasty habit of planning "my breaks." At work - If I just finish this return, then I can go outside. At home - When I clean the bathroom and mop the floors then I will take a smoke break. it's horrible. I had not realized how I plan my day around my smoking habit until my friend and I decided to quit together. She pointed out how we have a tendency to do things like that or drive somewhere in separate cars, because our other friends don't smoke. Heaven forbid if we have to ride in a car for five minutes without smoking! At her kids' birthday or just regular dinner parties, her and I sneak outside to have a smoke together. Almost as way to get away from everyone else, a way to hide and an excuse to chit chat. So all four of us have made a pact to quit together. If we can be partners in crime while smoking, then we should be able to quit together. Her husband is quitting chew, while me and my husband and her are quitting smoking.

Sorry for rambling on. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone and there has to be a way to defeat this! Look at all the others on this site that have. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck and have fun on your vacation!

Jennifer
0 Kudos
sassishelli

Frank I'm a closet smoker, which is why this community is so essential to help me quit for good. I am here for you and wish you the best of luck. YOU CAN DO THIS!
0 Kudos