cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

No Pain No Gain

This is so true in so many situations. It’s true in our quits. They weren’t easy but we did it and look at all we gained.

Nothing worth having isn’t worth working for. This will never change in life. The circumstances or situations my change but these powerful words will not. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. That can be different things to each of us. It can also be different depending on where we are in our lives and what challenges we may be facing.  

For myself it’s health challenges, as I know unfortunately it is for many if you too. I went to pulmonary rehab for the first time yesterday. Every part of my body hurts today. I will do this 3x a week for 12 weeks. Yes I will do this. They can’t fix what COPD has done to my lungs (from my smoking) but I can strengthen my arms, legs, back etc. I can strengthen my mussels to make it easier on my lungs.  I’m grateful for the chance. Found out that another one of my Nodules has grown  I’ll be back with pulmonary doc Tuesday. I’ll also find out if I need oxygen at night now. 

Im very grateful there was a cancel and I got into the pulmonary rehab   Yes it hurts all over today, so mustn’t  have done the exercises and machines correctly.  Cause after all No Pain No Gain Right?

34 Replies
elvan

Sootie     I have that NY in me too...just a different part of NY but NY is NY!

elvan

Barb102‌ I did not see this until now, I worked yesterday and had a memorial service to attend today so I am wiped out.  I remember how upsetting it was when they delivered my oxygen and that was back in 2015.  Now, it really doesn't bother me so much.  I used to have to have oxygen put on in rehab when I used the treadmill and sometimes the bike.  The treadmill was so hard on my back that I really had trouble breathing but I made it through.  You are doing great, this is all part of the journey, unfortunate as it is.  Oh and be happy that they asked you if it was for your mom or dad...no one asked ME that, hahaha.  It took some getting used to at first and my nose was sore and I kept getting wound up in my tubing at night but I have adapted.  

Sending loving hugs,

Ellen

Barb102

Ellen thanks as always for your help. I’m having trouble sleeping with it. I keep waking up all night long and my mouth is awful dry in the morning. I guess I have to get used to it.  Will I need oxygen when we go to VA. This is not portable 

0 Kudos
elvan

I went away for my first EX reunion shortly after being put on the oxygen and I did not have any issues.  Ask the oxygen provider if they have the soft nasal cannulas...I think they are soft tech and they are much more comfortable than the other ones.  Keep water next to the bed, I get really dry at night too.  The inside of my nose was killing me at first but once I got the soft tech cannula it helped a lot.  Getting used to sleeping with it takes time.  I am sure you will be fine for a few days without it.  Mine isn't portable either, I did call my provider when I was going away for two weeks and they had one delivered to my daughter's house in NY.  I am not sure I would do that again because SHE didn't get any sleep.  I have gone away for a few days at a time and even a little over a week when I went on vacation with my other daughter, I did not have the oxygen and I did not have an issue.  I would suggest bringing your nebulizer, I am planning to bring mine, just in case but it is unlikely that I will need to use it.  I am also going to bring a prednisone dosepak, again, it is unlikely that I will need that either but it's better to be prepared.  I think you will do fine and I think I will too.  Are you driving or flying?  You are going to be fine.  Getting used to the tubing and the noise takes time...you might try having some cough drops next to the bed too...they will make your mouth feel less dry, just don't CHOKE.

Hugs,

Ellen

Giulia

I didn't see this until now also.  Hope you're sleeping better with the oxygen.  And hope that you keep walking more and more and getting stronger and stronger in rehab.  Soon we'll be beach walking in Virginia! 

Barbscloud

My husband was on oxygen.  They would deliver a concentrator to the rental.

Barb

elvan

If you feel like you really need it, let the company know as soon as possible because they need advance notice.  

Barbscloud

Was this for me or Barb102?

0 Kudos
elvan

Oops, sorry Barbscloud‌, it was for Barb102‌.  I tried to get oxygen for one trip and I asked about three weeks before but they did not have any units.  Then again, I don't live in a place where there are a lot of options.  

Thanks for noticing that Barbscloud‌.

0 Kudos
Barb102

Thanks so much for the great advice. What would I do without you

0 Kudos