cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Night Owls and Insomniacs

So I am here every damn night, hoping someone will come by, blog, or comment. So here, I'll just talk to my self, and maybe someone will listen.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

the real world is not helping my insomnia. lol.
0 Kudos
jestersnow72

I am like a vampire. I sleep all day until the sun goes down, I am up all night doing school work and goofing off, and I go to be when the sun comes up. My kids don't like it because they don't see me enough, but I have always been this way and can't change it. I don't know what I am doing up at this time today. Summer is coming and it is still light out. I can't stand the sun. I love darkness. I find that the earlier I get up the more I want to smoke. I had to fight moderate cravings today when I woke up at 11:00am. I just keep telling myself to wait 10 more minutes. When that 10 minutes is up I tell myself to wait 10 more minutes and so on. It has been working for me so far. I like to write and I like to draw so I am going to try to focus more on those things. I also like to read as long as it is something that is interesting to me. I have a lot of school work to do most of the time which is good, but I am use to taking a break every 30 minutes or so to go out to the garage and smoke a cigarette. I have to find something else to do during that time that I would normally be smoking. I also notice that the times I need a cigarette the most are when I drink coffee, when I get stressed out, when I am in a bipolar manic phase, and when I eat. I use to be so bad that I would smoke and eat at the same time. All of my friends thought that was very strange but that's what I did. I LOVED my cigarettes. It is not so much the way they make me feel as it is having something to do/something to look forward to. I like to feel it going in my lungs and I like holding it in my hand. That is my problem right there. I need to find something to do with my hands. I have an electronic cigarette but I really don't care for the taste of it so I haven't been using it. I am thinking about giving it to my daughter. However, for other people, I would recommend it if you are having problems finding something to do with your hands. I would also recommend starting a blog. Not just on here but on another blog site. Start a journal as well so you can write things that no one else is going to see. Get everything out of you through your writing. Write anything that comes to mind. If you don't like to write, find something else to do. Try drawing, drawing designs, use Photoshop and create things that way. Try reading, surf the internet, get into watching a movie, eat some candy (this does not work for me), tell yourself to wait 10 more minutes. I have good suggestions but do not use them myself at times. I have tried to quit smoking 4 times now. Tomorrow is my quit date but I haven't smoked yet today and it is 6pm. I have been up 7 hours. That is damn good for me. Well, I didn't mean for this to run on so long, but I want to say good luck to everyone. Lord knows I am going to need some luck to kick this habit.

0 Kudos