cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jbc87

Nicotine withdrawals: anxiety & depression

Hi everyone, I was a smoker for over a decade and moved onto Juul to quit. I was Juuling for a little over a year and decided to quit cold turkey. I have been nicotine-free for 3 weeks now but the physical and emotional toll the withdrawals has taken on me are unbearable. Has anyone else experienced panic attacks, heightened anxiety, and depression since quitting? It’s been weeks for me and I still have these symptoms.. any tips or suggestions on how to bear or survive are welcomed and appreciated. 

10 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.   I'm glad you found out what's happening and got help.  We recommend educating yourself about this journey before you quit.  I'm glad I did--there was so much I didn't know.  Knowing what to expect really made a difference.  My quit was more emotional than physical.  I can be difficult and it will take some time, but it will get easier.   One of the biggest mistakes I think we make is that we think when we quit we're going to feel better right away.  Unfortunately,  we need to get through some bumpy times.  But it will happen.

Big congrats on 3 weeks.  You're well on your way to success.

Barb

0 Kudos