cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ReallyReal

Nicotine Gum Question

Hello.  Today is 43 days smober for me--yay!  I had been chewing the 4mg gum, about 5 or max 6 pieces a day.  Today is the day I take a step down.  I bought the 2mg gum and will see how it goes.  After another 6 weeks I should be off of the gum altogether. After a short while on the 2mg, my plan is to slowly chew fewer pieces per day.  Does anyone with experience tapering off the gum have any advice for me?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
champsin97

No experience with NRT's but congrats on 43 days.  We are beating this!

ReallyReal

@champsin97 Yay US, and every Exer on this site, and Ex smokers everywhere!  Yahoooooo!!

biscuit9

I have to congratulate you on 43 well-deserved nicotine free days! No experience with nrt's either, but 43 days is outstanding and I know how hard you fought for this.  Big pat on the back and hope you celebrate each of these wins.  These wins matter.  

ReallyReal

@biscuit9 thank you so much.  Yes, I need to do something to celebrate this milestone.  I haven't quite decided how to do that, but I will!!!  To be honest, even though this quit feels different than last year, I have some trepidation about the next several weeks given I gave up my quit last time after 51 days.  But that is not going to happen.  I have the strength of the Spirit and a very good toolbox which I am using each day.  I am more fully aware of what this addiction is like and that smoking is simply not an option, Not One Puff Ever.  Quititude matters and I choose to be free.  Thanks for listening.

MarilynH

A super congratulations on your precious quit journey @ReallyReal YAY for each and every day WON YAY for Freedom! 

ReallyReal

Thank you so much @MarilynH .