cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

princessdeb

Nicodemon is Screaming Today!

The Nicodemon is using all its power today!!  Those stupid thoughts keep going round and round in my head..."Just one puff" "Just one smoke" I've even got thoughts of who I could go visit down the street and get one   I'm agitated and irritable.  I haven't felt like this since I quit 5 days ago!  

I've followed along with the Breathe In, Breathe Out video post...that helped a bit...then the thoughts came back  I've been outside working in our yard and tending to our roses and it's not distracting me!  So I came here to post and to read.  

What else should I do???

Deborah...5 DOF 

Tags (1)
32 Replies
Giulia

I used to just scream back at the monster in my head:  'OH JUST GO AWAY!!!!"  Go buy yourself a baby's binkie.  Put it in your mouth and then go look at yourself in the mirror.  That oughtta give you a new perspective.  I found it helpful to think of that inner voice as a cranky kid who just can't stop whining for a toy in the store.  We have to be the adult who says NO.  

You want this, don't forget.  This thing called Freedom.  That's why you came here.  Relinquish the option to smoke in your head.  It becomes so much easier when we let go of that choice, that possibility.  Make smoking a non-option.  Cigarettes must not exist in your mind world to be free.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/30698-replay-the-relapse 

princessdeb

Thanks Barb!  I am using lozenges.  The instructions say for the first 6 weeks to use one every 1 to 2 hours, but I'm averaging 3-4 hours. Coming here has been a lifesaver these past 5 days.  I know it will only get easier. Coming outside to our yard and sitting in the swing and smoking was a daily thing.  I had to face the challenge because I love to sit in the yard. The thoughts just got out of hand. I made it through and will be stronger because of it.

Thank you for responding so quickly!!!

Deborah 5 DOF 

princessdeb

Giulia,  I will scream back the next time I get one of those unbearable cravings. I will keep repeating that Smoking Is Not an Option!!!

Thank you for reaching out.

Deborah 5 DOF 

Mandolinrain

I am so happy to see you came here. I can't add a thing to the above but I will tell you this.... coming here as often as you can will help reinforce your resolve to fight through the bad times. Plant a picture of us in your head holding your hand and leading you away with us...cause that what your doing by coming here:) Nice work today!

Christine13

I'm so glad you got through your craving!  I've been having a tough time today too, I am working on day 3.  Tomorrow hopefully will be better!

shashort

Glad to see you came here.  How are you doing now?  I hope you a calmer  now.  Don't give in it will get easier, it just take time.  I would scream and shout NOPE! You CAN do this!

maryfreecig

Keep immersing yourself in Ex, quitting information, nicotine addiction info. Congrats on day 5. Keep em coming.

How To Quit Smoking | How To Eliminate Cravings And Urges - YouTube 

What is the Single Best Thing You Can Do to Quit Smoking? - YouTube 

Tobacco Wars - Episode One - Lighting Up - YouTube   a three part show--sobering. Smobering?

princessdeb

I'm very blessed to be retired and able to be here on EX as long as I want.  I've been reading everyday.  This quit is my last quit!!   I've had a good afternoon because of all of you and your support.

Thanks

Deborah  5 DOF 

princessdeb

Hi Christine.  Congratulations on 3 DOF! !!  We can do this!  You know what has also been super helpful is Allen Carr's Easy Way To Quit Smoking...it's worth checking it out! By far being here reading and writing is so motivating!!

It will get easier.

Deborah 5 DOF 

princessdeb

Thanks for checking on me.  I am doing much better now!  Those thoughts finally went away!! I know I am stronger for getting through them without giving in.  Minute by minute, hour by hour, One day at a time!

Deborah  5 DOF