cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

princessdeb

Nicodemon is Screaming Today!

The Nicodemon is using all its power today!!  Those stupid thoughts keep going round and round in my head..."Just one puff" "Just one smoke" I've even got thoughts of who I could go visit down the street and get one   I'm agitated and irritable.  I haven't felt like this since I quit 5 days ago!  

I've followed along with the Breathe In, Breathe Out video post...that helped a bit...then the thoughts came back  I've been outside working in our yard and tending to our roses and it's not distracting me!  So I came here to post and to read.  

What else should I do???

Deborah...5 DOF 

Tags (1)
32 Replies
princessdeb

Oh wow...Thanks Mary for all the links!!  I'm off to go explore now.  

Deborah  5 DOF 

Daniela2016

Sorry to be late to help, but what you are doing (immersing yourself and absorbing all you are reading), is the right thing to do!  The smallest comment here, or idea in one of the blogs can be the turning point for you.  You never know in advance, but there are so many ways, and useful tricks made available here, one or several will work for you.  Like you used the freezer, I never had to use that, for me the deep breathing exercise worked many times.  At other times I'd step out for a walk, but mostly I was here reading and getting stronger from the comments on the blogs of our peers.  Elders (who seemed to have all the answers) or newbies (who were sharing going through the same things as me) were all a tremendous source of support.

You came to the right place, and did the right thing today.  We all do the same thing, taking it one day, sometimes one hour, or one minute at the time, congrats Deborah!

Daniela 824 DOF

May I suggest

EAR PLUGS?

princessdeb

Daniela...you are not late!!! Your input and support is exactly what I needed to hear...Thanks You for caring.

princessdeb

HAHAHAHAHA... Earplugs???  I needed full onold school head phones!

Barb102

You are doing great. Read some of the blogs when others, like myself were a week in. Then see the progress we made and so will you. Keep coming here. Don’t give in NOPE   Soon you will be encouraging others too. You got this 

Barb

elvan

You are doing everything right...you know how it is when you are in a grocery store and a child is screaming and screaming and you feel like you might lose your mind...well your addiction is throwing a tantrum.  You can walk away...change your focus, I agree with JonesCarpeDiem‌ that laughter can help, bite into a lemon, rind and all.  I went out and got lemons but never actually bit into one because the THOUGHT of that bitterness and sourness together really just reset my brain.  I ate Sour Patch kids because they were sour enough, I also kept a bowl of frozen cherries and frozen blueberries nearby to munch on.  It really did help.  I will not tell you it is easy but I WILL tell you that it will GET easier as long as you stick with your quit.

Hugs,

Ellen

princessdeb

Thanks for the guidance.  I will definitely go read some first week posts.

0 Kudos
princessdeb

Thanks for the recommendations.  I will try the frozen berries.  In fact I have mixed berries in the freezer right now.  I'm not one for sour candy but I have been popping Altoids.  They seem to help and keep my breath smelling nice. Thanks for your support!!

elvan

I think YoungAtHeart‌ used Fireballs...she could even tell you what they cost by the POUND, hahahaha.  I loved the berries and actually have some in the freezer now.  Oh, keep a spoon handy or your fingers will get stained.  I think JonesCarpeDiem‌ also bought grapes and froze them...I didn't try that.

0 Kudos