cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chris11

Newcomer

Hi, my name is Chris and with a few medical problems, I have to, have to quit and I am so weak that I am still doing so, but I have NO will power and I am looking for the support I am hoping I will get from other members and see if it will be any easier. Look forward to hearing from other members. I have set my quit date for April 1, so I am coming up to it.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
chris11

Thank you for the reply. I know this is going to be tough, especially since my husband smokes, but he is starting to give me more resistance to bumming the cigarettes from him. I havwe his support and he might even make the attempt also at the same time. I do the shopping and he has told me to chek with him before I bought anymore and he also has shown tendecies of backing down on his consumption. Wish me or us luck.
0 Kudos
shana3

Good luck, Chris! Do you have a lot of smokers in your family and group of friends? I look forward to getting support and supporting others too. Stay positive and if you think you may slip just remember your very good reason to quit and come chat with us!
0 Kudos
chris11

I work with a couple of smokes but come April 1st there will be no smoking in my office. I am laying the ground work on Monday to make the office no smoking. I know I will meet with resistance especially from one person, but I am the one that needs to keep away from the smoke and if they wish to continue, they can go elsewhere in the building. I am maiking myself flash card to put in an empty pack of cigarettes and I will give some to my husband also to hand me if I request a cigarette from him or try to steal one. He nows haw bad I want to quit. This is a real chalenge and I need you, my new friends, to !@#$% me out if I do not proceed with this. I look forward to hearing from you. I have my water, my pretzels, my gum, but not the weather to go out walking yet. We are in the midst of another snow storm going through with 3 to 6 inches. Just a couple of days ago, I could honestly say the snow was gone. Sure didn't last. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH
0 Kudos
atlanta-jim

Chris,

I would like to encourage you...smoke free 6 weeks hang in there. and I was a chain smoker..hope to hear from you soon
0 Kudos
toni-buys

I will be quit 2 years on 5/1. This website was a god send when I quit. I also used patches for 3 weeks, phone counselor, read a book and took Zyban. It will be very hard but you need to just take one day or one hour at a time. It is much more mental than physical. I smoked for 40 years and I did it. I know you can do it.
0 Kudos
chris11

Thank you for the encouragement.
0 Kudos