cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jenny16

The idea of never having another cigarette again is a beautiful concept, but an overwhelming one, too. For day one, I'll take it hour by hour.

I'm very glad to have found Become an Ex. The existence of this community makes me realize the commitment this quitting thing will require and the support that is out there for me and others.

It's Day One today.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
mindy6

Welcome to become an Ex 🙂 I just joined as well a few days ago. Did you look at the Become an Ex program guide at all? It prepares you for quitting with separation exercises and planning. It was an awesome tool for me. I am quitting tomorrow. There is also a ton of support available on here! Jump into some of the chats and post to others, you will find tremendous knowledge and experience from others who have quit or are going through the same things you are. Keep up the the good work Jenny!
0 Kudos
shonna

Welcome! I felt the very same way when I found the site and all the support is unbelievable. I had no idea how much it was going to help but it's truly made all the difference. Take things slow, breathe, and listen to all the great advice. Of course we all have our own individual journey but there's still a lot of help on the site to make it through the beginning because that was the hardest for me. Much success to you and your journey!
0 Kudos
jennie3

0 Kudos
jennie3

0 Kudos
latyday

Do keep encouraged, I'm new also and I'm glad I found this site. Being on here keeps you focused because your not the only one fighting this battle. It's hard, so mark this day on your calendar because I'm sure it will be a day you will never forget....think of it as an new birthday :0) you'll see the difference immediately it will feel so good to not go out of your way to stop buy a pack of ciggs when you really just want to go in the house. Or run back in the house to get your pack of Ciggs when you've already started the car to go to work...lol you will realize that smoking was such an inconvienance. I am now on day 6 and still counting. Good luck on your quit :0 )
0 Kudos
charon2

Yay, a new birthday, that is such a good idea, Latyday!! Yes, Jenny, you will have to take it one hour at a time in the beginning. I think I took it more like 5 minutes at a time, haha. But, the first three days are the hardest. Each day gets a bit easier, and you find yourself NOT thinking about smoking 24/7. It's funny because, at first, you think, is this torture the way I am going to feel forever? Am I ever going to enjoy life without a cigarette again?? But the answer is this: the torture WILL stop, and you will enjoy life even MORE without cigarettes, I guarantee. Good luck!!!!! We're all in this fight together!
0 Kudos