cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pamela

Hello Everyone,
I'm Pam A long time smoker. I've been trying to quit now for a couple of months...My Quit date is set for Jan. 14th.... I'm very confident for the FIRST time.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
John-C.

Good on you for picking a quit date. Keep up that confidence and you will be a surefire quitter. Best wishes for your quit!
0 Kudos
glen.haizlip

Listen to John C... he is a very positive model in this forum.
0 Kudos
feddy

hi there pam,
i am just in the same boat as you, i have started today though, let me tell you this its only been like 6 hours so far but it really feels great.
GOOD LUCK
0 Kudos

Hi Pam My Quit date is Jan 30. I am gaining confidence as I read about the success of others, especially those like you who express their confidence! Thanks for sharing!
0 Kudos
barbara42

hey all, the first thing to do is get a good mind set, say out loud that this is not going to be so hard as i have been told. it is not easy by any stretch of the imagination but it is not as hard as we have been told. drink plenty of cold water, plenty of juice, your blood sugar goes down at first so the juice helps, chew plenty of gum, stay on this site as much as you can and just determine that nothing can beat you and you will win peace!
0 Kudos
glen.haizlip

Ready, Set... Quit!
0 Kudos