cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jason31

New...

Ok, so I just signed up for this, and really trying to quit. I was kicked out of the Marine Corps, after being diagnosed with having asthma. I was there for a whole month, without smoking. But the first day out, I lit up a cigarette, because of all the stress, from the D.I's yelling in my face. That isnt a good enough excuse is it? Im only 20 yrs old, and only smoked for 2 years. But I already have breathing problems. I really need help ya'll, and with ya'll supporting me, I can do this. Please help me.....
0 Kudos
23 Replies
jason31

Easier said then done, but no I understand what you are saying. Some will power, and some support from you guys will help me get through this.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

you have received some good advice.... another boot camp.....yippee.... but you are so smart to end this madness now at 20....it doesn't get easier the longer you smoke... and you are already seeing some health problems and that should smack you in the face..... with all the problems the Marines and all the armed services have to finding new recruits and they let you go for health reason....consider yourself having a chance to correct this problem and do it now.

I came to EX as a smoke free supporter. I have helped others stay smoke free for over 4 years. I come from a similar smoke free support site where I met Giulia and others I invited here to EX. We have followed similar paths to staying smoke free for a long time and with strong smoke free attitudes and these daily activities might help you in your smoke free journey.

We pledged daily, not to smoke in front of a group of like minded people, we read words of wisdom, we learned by tough luv that all excuses are lame to ever take another puff, we found quit buddies that understood what we were going through, some of us played word games to pass time or to laugh or to try to make someone else laugh and some just decided it was easiest to just give thanks and praise to help solve the troubling times in our life.

Just know that there are people that will care about you and your struggles to stay smoke free but no one can make you do the right things. No one can make you care about yourself more than you.

Stay strong....you made it 30 days ... now just learn to make it a life style !

U CAN DO IT !
0 Kudos
manofsteele

be teachable ... if you want it harder think negative..... the opposite also works...... think and stay in the positive

but its only my opinion.... keep thinking "Easier said then done" and you might have Dr's giving you even worse news

so if you want to think in the negative ....think of cigarettes as cancer, chemo, radiation, hospital visits, hospital stays, waiting for Dr's and Nurses to tell you about test results...

u are something special.... God did not make you so you could die a slow death being loyal to smoking...ya think?

if you handled what you have already been through in life... go through this and fight for your right to be smoke free.... you deserve it and it its worth all the BS to stay smoke free.......

here's the soap box back....... grin ..........stay tough... you can win this fight soldier !
0 Kudos
edith2

Jason! Good to have you here! Guess what? You can't go through life problem-free, dude. Doesn't matter how long you smoked or what or how much. You're here. You want to quit. You can do it. No, the DI yelling in your face is not a good excuse. Just don't smoke, even if your ass falls off. Don't hurt those pretty little organs inside your chest that keep you alive! Imagine being able to take a big deeeeep breath and not coughing! I'm glad you know that you can do this because you are so right! You can quit smoking. Age doesn't matter. You'll get alot of suggestions you can pick from to help you. You'll save tons of money. You no longer have to let smoking control your life. I'm glad you're here. Takes guts to decide to quit. It's the wussies who are still out there smoking. So stick around! You'll feel soooooo much better!
0 Kudos
miguel

HEY J, WHAT`S UP BROTHER, u`ve come to the right place if u need & want help $ support with ur quit, first of all, WELCOME TO EX, CONGRATS ON UR DECISSION TO QUIT SMOKING ESPECIALLY AT UR AGE UR ALREADY AHEAD OF THE GAME,AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! here @ this site u`ll find nothing but a whole lot of awesome, warm loving people already in this battle against nicotine, ready and willing to help & support u with ur quit, so come and join us. that`s what this site is all about, help & support, once again good luck, now LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
jason31

Thanks, Jennie. I'm trying to, but there are bigger issues now.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

you have received some good advice.... another boot camp.....yippee.... but you are so smart to end this madness now at 20....it doesn't get easier the longer you smoke... and you are already seeing some health problems and that should smack you in the face..... with all the problems the Marines and all the armed services have to finding new recruits and they let you go for health reason....consider yourself having a chance to correct this problem and do it now.

I came to EX as a smoke free supporter. I have helped others stay smoke free for over 4 years. I come from a similar smoke free support site where I met Giulia and others I invited here to EX. We have followed similar paths to staying smoke free for a long time and with strong smoke free attitudes and these daily activities might help you in your smoke free journey.

We pledged daily, not to smoke in front of a group of like minded people, we read words of wisdom, we learned by tough luv that all excuses are lame to ever take another puff, we found quit buddies that understood what we were going through, some of us played word games to pass time or to laugh or to try to make someone else laugh and some just decided it was easiest to just give thanks and praise to help solve the troubling times in our life.

Just know that there are people that will care about you and your struggles to stay smoke free but no one can make you do the right things. No one can make you care about yourself more than you.

Stay strong....you made it 30 days ... now just learn to make it a life style !

U CAN DO IT !
0 Kudos
edith2

Jason! Good to have you here! Guess what? You can't go through life problem-free, dude. Doesn't matter how long you smoked or what or how much. You're here. You want to quit. You can do it. No, the DI yelling in your face is not a good excuse. Just don't smoke, even if your ass falls off. Don't hurt those pretty little organs inside your chest that keep you alive! Imagine being able to take a big deeeeep breath and not coughing! I'm glad you know that you can do this because you are so right! You can quit smoking. Age doesn't matter. You'll get alot of suggestions you can pick from to help you. You'll save tons of money. You no longer have to let smoking control your life. I'm glad you're here. Takes guts to decide to quit. It's the wussies who are still out there smoking. So stick around! You'll feel soooooo much better!
0 Kudos
jason31

Thanks Sara , and I will be able to quit, and once I do.. I will learn to say N.O.P.E
0 Kudos