cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nicole29

New to this family!

My name's Nicole, I found "Ex" on a T.V. ad. I am 21 and have been smoking since 18. I have tons of reasons to quit, and I am really excited to be smoke free. My husband is a heavy smoker and is not supportive. I would love to befriend some more of you, support goes a long way. I also need to set a date... any suggestions?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mizzbflye

Hi Nicole, Im B and welcome !!!!

I would suggest you build up your confidence as each day passes. You can be a NON smoker, Im 23 and I thought I was doomed, the nicotine had a strong hold on me and I got through it like many others on this site, like YOU. If your husband can't get with the program then Force him, This is YOUR life and you want to spend it with him(I think)..well He has to support you OR you would HAVE to be strong enough to get through it without him. ALOT of teachers and leaders teach through example..so if he sees your dedication then he may follow suite..Maybe you are the only chance that has of really quiting, he is probably feeling like there is no point..she can't quit and neither can I...So stay optimistic and if you ever have to let out some steam or need more encoouragement then Everyone one this site is willing to be there to listen We want your family to be smoke free!..your very young and if he has been smoking the same amount of time then the process should be easier, this what the elders on this site say...so good luck hon !!!!

keep in touch with your progress
0 Kudos
nicole29

Hey B! Thank you for your kind words. I totally agree with everything you said. I have never given thought to being a role model for him... he is 9 years my senior, but hey, why not? I promise to stay optimistic and I'll be here for you too! I'm so grateful to have found a group of people going through the same struggles with the same goal. Thank you, B. Talk to you soon.
0 Kudos