cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anna20

New to ex

My name is Anna. I am serious about quiting this time. I have quit and started many times but I set my quit date for December 26th.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
edith2

I'm glad that you're here Anna! Don't even think about the times you've quit in the past. They don't matter anymore. Today is a new day and all that matters is right now. You can be successful this time and you will. You won't be quitting alone this time. You'll have lots of people helping and supporting you in your quit. It makes a big difference when you have a support system. So get ready for some tough times and then good times! You don't have to like the beginning of your quit, just get through it the best you can. We've all been there. I was terrified when I quit, but I'm thankful every day that I quit. You can do this.
0 Kudos
anna20

Thank you so much Edith.
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hello Anna nice to meet you ! You can do it ! Try and think positive it helps alot !
0 Kudos
anna20

thank you Jennie. I have 3 beautiful granddaughters and I want to do it for them. I want to be around for them and to be healthy.
0 Kudos
mike42

Hi Anna, I set my quit date for Dec 26 also but since I ran out of cigarettes at about 9:00 this morning and had no money to buy any, I decided to accelerate it a bit. After all, I've already gone 13 hours without one. Good luck to you.
0 Kudos
anna20

Thank you Mike. Good luck to you also. I know that we can both do it and yes cigarettes are way to expensive.
0 Kudos
anna20

Thank you Jennie
0 Kudos
anna20

How are u doing Mike. I play alot of computer games, it really helps pass the time.

Anna
0 Kudos