cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

fityoganana

New to Group

Hi, I was so happy to find a group of over 50's. I hope to find some friends and support here. I just joined Becomeanex and the community and I really need the connection.
fityoganana hoping to quit & become fit again
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
carlie

Well - Welcome to the group, "nana"...If you take the time to work the EX program, including tracking your cigarettes and knowing your triggers, you WILL quit. Many, many people here have tried to quit time and time again...this program produces success stories. When you're ready, set you quit date, and you will not be lacking friends or support in your quit, for sure.
One smoke....5 smokes...20 smokes...it doesn't matter...it's an addiction; a sneaky nasty coniving addiction. But you can beat it....

We're here for you. I'm at 2 WEEKS....14 DAYS.....and counting....Woo-Hoo !!!!

Could NOT have done it without this site....and I'm doing it !!!! Keep in touch ; and good luck !!!!
0 Kudos
reenie

Welcome, you've come to the right place. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. Stop by often, read, post, it's a real life saver! Reenie
0 Kudos
julaine

Welcome! We are the best group there is, you know...keep us up to date on how you're doing!
0 Kudos
fityoganana

Hi Carlie, Thank You for the welcome and advice. I'm doing pretty good working with the EX program! I'm am trying to get the community program to work correctly on my computer. I can't get to certain pages and can't accept friend invites...it's a real bummer! I have hidden my smoking from so many people...now I don't have any one for support ...SOOOO...I'm hoping I can get this to run right. I look forward to chatting with friends and excepting invites, I hope you will be one!
Take Care and know you are appreciated!
fityoganana
0 Kudos
betsy3

Welcome nana and I hope you do get this program to work on your computer. In the first days after I quit this was the place I spent most of my time!. Just reading how everyone here was doing was such a good support system for me. I've been smoke free for 5 weeks now and loving every minute of it. I wish you nothing but good days as you continue on your journey and hope you continue to post your progress.
0 Kudos
reenie

Hey fityoganana and everyone, Good posting about your being a 'closet smoker', and the dilema your in, if people didn't know about your smoking than they can't know about your quitting, huh?! Well, you've come to the right place. You'll get lots of support here and until you get the 'quirks' worked out of your computer, just keep coming to this page and reading and posting. The most important thing to remember right now is that triggers will get you if your not vigilent. They come from all directions and if you bear thru each one, they get easier and lessen with time. Just don't smoke! Glad you found our group and I'll try to add you to my friend list and you should get an invitation. Let's see if it works. Best of luck, Reenie
0 Kudos
reenie

Hey again, apparently, I send you a friend request yesterday and your reply has not come back yet. Look in your mailbox for a request from me or on 'your page' it should say '1 friend request'. Reenie
0 Kudos
carlie

Deanna (pretty name)...I also put in a "friend's request"...like Reenie said...check on your page for the various ways you can accept a friend request...
Don't worry - we're not going anywhere - you'll get your computer problem all straightened out. In the meantime, keep posting, and reading...if that's all you can do for now, then that's alot !!!

Remember what I said yesterday - BREATHE !!! This is all going to work out !!! Really !!!
0 Kudos
debbie-bishop

Welcome,

You are at a great place to be. The people here are wonderful. No cursing or ranting, just love and support. We have all been through quitting several times and know what works. One of the advantages of getting older is you know more and have more experience. Feel free to join in and always ask for help.

Moochie
0 Kudos