cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

matt39

New to EX

Signed up to try and pass time since it's Sat night and I'm not supposed to go out. Day 3, not getting any easier yet, but each hour in itself is rewarding.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
hwc

Day 3 sucks, huh. No question about that. If you are qutting without gum or patches, the third day is when all of the nicotine has finally been flushed from your body. For most people, the third day marks the high point of the cravings (along with Day Two), but it also marks the turning point. Craves start falling off at a fairly stready rate starting with Day Four.

Just keep taking it hour by hour. Think of it like a sprained ankle. Yeah, it hurts, but you know it will get better.
0 Kudos
jacob5

Glad you joined! It will get easier Matt I promise and this site helped me a lot. I smoked for 13 years and loved it, tried quitting 5 times. Last time that took I just told myself bottom line... I'm done, I'll always want to and like to smoke but I just have to quit - the cravings will suck, but they won't kill me.

Please reach out... people here are great.
0 Kudos
val_b

My life like most people is and was full of stress, Everything I did outside of working was about relieving the stress in my life. Smoking was the biggest one of all, Gambling was the next and spending was the hardest to overcome. When my blood pressure was high, shortness of breath and nonstop coughing was a real factor in my life, I knew something had to give. I had wanted to quit smoking for a while, but hated the withdrawals I experienced. I took chantix for 10 days, used the stressful situation relearn tool , got some support buddies and got support from my family and never looked back. I really wanted to quit. So if you really want to quit you can do this, it takes never giving the tobacco companies any more of your money and educating yourself on what nicotine is and what it does to your body, go to ( why quit.com) it will help you outlast the urges. Go live, enjoy, dance, do it all without the need to feed the nicotine addiction. I say this with much love.
(It's been over 5 months without a puff for me and Im loving every minute of it, and it was not at all always this way.)
0 Kudos
karenr

Val, We had alot in common I was same way the smokuing and then gambling online and drinking to while I did the other two it was a road to hell that I had to stop and I have done just that for day 25 now gave all bad habits up...I own a company and the stress would always get to me so I learned to read the bible have faith and not look back...knowledge is the cure to this horrable addiction so read read and read somemore...GOOD LUCK Karen
0 Kudos
edith2

Matt, no one has had an easy time when they first quit. The first few days really suck. But they are so important and getting through them is so worth it. You've definitely got the right attitude to be successful at this.
0 Kudos
jenn5

I hear you. I finally have quit on Friday night. It has been a tough road since then. I've been suffering extreme withdrawal, but I know that this is one of the best things I can do for myself. I want to wish you lots of luck. You'll be able to continue on your smoke free way of life. You just have to remain strong.
0 Kudos
becky16

GO TO BFREAKY.COM
BFREAKY.COM
ON YOUR QUIT! It will get easier and every time you make it through a crave, you add to your strength and your resolve to quit! You are getting YOUR POWER BACK! You are taking the control away from your Nicodemon....You are on your way to FREEDOM! I'm PROUD OF YOU!!!!
0 Kudos
tammy25

congrats! hang in there, its not easy, I am on day 4 but I am using the patches. Today has been so much better than the first 3 days. Everyday gets easier!!!!
0 Kudos
matt39

Thanks for all the support, day 4 was easier, didn't think about it as much. Joined a gym and bought a bike to pass time. My time at home used to be smoking every 45 minutes, so that's one of the hardest times, sitting at home. I'm taking Chantix, so the cravings weren't too bad, but it's just that constant thought of smoking. I didn't even know all my triggers until I quit, now I find myself reaching in my pocket out of habit at times I didn't realize were so patterned. When I am at home and instinctively get up to smoke, I drink a glass of water. Definitely getting my gallon a day worth!
0 Kudos