cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jeanmarc19561

New here

Hi Everyone, Just want to introduce myself.  This is my quit day! Mind you, it's not my first quit day but I am determined to make it the last of many. Just a little background, I'm 62 and have been smoking since 15 and that is a very long time. The irony is that I jog 2 miles every morning, use an elliptical and rowing machine on rainy days and ride my bikes often yet I smoke. I'm tired of the hassle, the expense, and the dependance.

Quite frankly I'm tired of the quit/relapse merry-go-round. So I've come here to look to you for support and hope that I can offer you support gleaning from years of trying to stop. Good luck to all of you. John 

18 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  It is funny, I never let smoking interfere with my excising, walking the dog, etc.  How crazy.

Barb

Tinalbowser

Welcome. This is my 3rd attempt to quit. I pray it’s my last. We will win. This is the best site by far. They’re encouraging and will tell u like it is. Don’t sugar coat it. NOPE!!!

sweetplt

Tina glad to see the Quit is sticking...I think about you often...~ Colleen

elvan

Tinalbowser  Hang in there, it really WILL get easier if you give it a chance. Good to "see" you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Welcome John!

We're so glad you're here.

Sandi

anaussiemom

Jeanmarc19561 WOW!   Congrats and welcome. 

Hugs Kim

0 Kudos
Eyes65

Welcome John!!!  Congratulations on your quit!!  This is an awesome community.  The members are super supportive.  Follow the readings and engage in the conversations.  You got this!!!  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

How are you doing? 

That's an interesting avatar!  If you would like, please tell us a bit about it.

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Don't forget to update your quit date. Follow the instructions here: Re: How do I get my quit date to show on the community?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos