cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shanna77

New and Tired

Hello,

I just registered today and put my start date as September 15. I have attempted to quit smoking last month and it lasted a week. I am very eager to get started and really looking forward to feeling better.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
paud

Hi Lisa

My name is Paud and I am also quitting (I Hope) on the 15th, I have been smoking for 40 years and have diabetes and hypertension. I have tried with failure so many times, I have to do it this time. I wish you all the luck and know you can do it before your health becomes threatened.
0 Kudos
shanna77

Hi Paud,

My name is Shanna. I quit today to was the day. I woke up this morning feeling good. I also have hypertension. I usually smoke in the morning on the way to work after I drop my kids off. But today I chewed some nicotine gum and I was fine. So I am doing fine for now I don't smoke at work. My trigger is at nights. But I should be ok my husband also quit today with me. So as long as he isn't going out for a smoke neither will I. I keep rambling. Well good luck to you and keep in touch.
0 Kudos
shanna77

Hi Lisa,

I hope you are doing good. So far so good for me. My husband & I both quit today. We bought our last pack yesterday. We still had some left after I went to bed. But when I woke up this morning my Husband had crumbled them up and put the nicotine gum on the counter. This morning I chewed the gum on the way into work and felt fine. I don't smoke at work so that isn't a problem for me. I did bring another piece for the ride home. Hopefully, tonight won't be bad. If my husband doesn't go outside then neither will I. So anyways I hope you are doing ok. This may sound stupid, but today everytime I see somebody smoking one. I repeat in my head nasty, disgusting, lung cancer. Let me know how your day is going.
0 Kudos
elaine12

Good going Shanna - hope you and your husband can do this - My husband got throat cancer and had to have his larynx removed - cannot talk which for him was torture - He loved to talk - Keep repeating your mantra!! whatever it takes - I wish both of you the best of luck - because the alternative is miserable... My husband has so many problems breaths through a hole in his neck. Hang in there I know you can both do it!!!
0 Kudos
jim23

Hi Shanna, I joined ex today and will quit on Sept 26. I hope you succeed this time as do i wish all to suceed.
Jim
0 Kudos
shanna77

Hi Jim,

Good luck to you! Yesterday I felt great wasn't irritable or anything. Today I do feel some other emotions some good, some bad. But I am not going to let these emtions get the best of me. I am staying positive and I am using this Ex sites and reaching out to my friends to get me thru this. They are a great support network. So keep in touch and make sure you track your triggers.
0 Kudos
dale2

He "crumpled up the pack of cigarettes" ? That's a bad ass! I'm thinking I could never do that - I still think these things are my friends. My quit day was Sept 15, and I'm using the Commit lozenges. If I found an old pack or even just one, I'm pretty sure that I could never hatefully destroy them - even though that is the proper response.
0 Kudos