cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sicilym

New York Quitters

Just joined and this is day 3 of not smoking. I have considered myself a professional Quitter for over 10years, more than just those 10. I have done it!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
memolucas

I just joined yesterday and hopefully I can stay on track and not smoke anymore

0 Kudos
victoriavp55

I hope it is ok to join this group. I am not from New York, but I joined the

BecomeAnEX.org Online Support Network and am trying to figure it all out. I actually signed up for a stop smoking study survey at the University hospital here in my town. I set my quit date for 11/12, and have been somewhat succesful, and yet have cheated too, and I am upset about it. They are having me use the patches and I would rather use the gum because it was easy to quit last time on the gum, I just didn't stay quit - that's my problem. Hoping this study will give me the insentive to finally do it. I am putting the patch on before I head to work today, will not give up, gonna keep on, keeping on!!

Victoriavp55

0 Kudos
viper1154

we are all one family trying to quit together remember that

0 Kudos

Hi there =). I'm from staten Island. I've been smoking for 12 years and this is the 6th time I'm trying to quit because of a new job. I'm serious about it though and I'm gonna do it this time 😃
0 Kudos
pbriolat

I get to start my quit tomorrow am ... hubby quit and now it is my turn . i went a week not too long ago had that one smoke and figured i would be fine but now know it won't work that way i went back to a pack a day and now got to start all over again .... been smoking for more then 1/2 my life too long ! Well we will see how it goes this time .... I must stay away from the stores so no temptations !

0 Kudos
firefox

Hi there, I just joined yesterday  I have stop smoking for 8 months now and I wanted to share my thoughts with you, Its not easy  but its worth it. First the smell, the money, and last its all about you and you can stop smoking if you want to. I used the

0 Kudos
bro10

Quitting Smoking is Easy! It's staying quit that's difficult. I have 'successfully quit' for months and years at a time, but after some period of time, I go back to it because quitting is relatively easy for me. The issue is, I really want to quit for good. How can I make this quit time stick?  First day quit is today!

0 Kudos
matt12

What's up NY'ers?  My name is Matt and I'm in the Finger Lakes region.  My Quit day is today at 10:15 pm - 2 hours and 10 minutes to go!  I'm a serial quitter wanting to make this Quit be my last.  I'll be using the patch.  This is an inspiring community and I know with help and support I'll make it this time!

NY winter weather is finally here.  Crappy day in Canandaigua today.  Looking forward to some sunshine to go along with the snow.

So, where is everyone from?

0 Kudos
anniebrooklyn

Hello from Brooklyn NY. I smoked for over 30 years, its been 15 weeks

0 Kudos