cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
cathy-j

hi everybody,

I have smoked for more years than I want to admit. That's gonna end in 2010. I want to be healthier for myself as well as my kids and grandkids.

I am using medication as well as beginning a program called 8 weeks to wellnes. It's an exercise - nutrition - chiropractic - massage and meditation. Check it out on the web I am very excited about it.

Wish me luck. I will keep you updated. I am sure I will need you all for support.

0 Kudos
vodom

Hi, I have set my quit date for January 4, 2010.  I have quit at least 5 times in 2009 - ranging from 1 day to 2 weeks.  Each time i tried to do it cold turkey and using the patch for the first few days.  I am 50 years old and have smoked for - give or take a couple of years for 38 years.  I really HATE smoking.  I hate being addicted to anything.  I hate the smell of it, I hate the restrictions placed on the when and where I can smoke.  I hate that my house and car smells like smoke.  I hate the fact that I am doing something that will shorten my life and prevent me from possbly seeing my grandchildren grow up.  Smoking is the only thing in life I can say with absolute certainty that cause me to feel the emotion HATE.  Although I have tried many times, quitting is the only thing I haven't given up on.  Through the Internet I came across this site and now I am attempting again, this time with the support of others who long to be smoke-free.  Please pray me as I am praying for all of you!

0 Kudos
rebduncan85

Hi. I have set my Quit Date ad 1-1-2010. Any suggestions for quitting at the new yeat. Was it hard for you guys to quit a year or so ago? what did you do to cope?

0 Kudos
phebs1

Hi everyone. My quit date is Jan 1, 2010. My husband is also quitting that day. Sue, the only thing we've planned is that we bought the Wii Fitness system for Christmas and plan on making it a year of fitness. I've quit dozens of times before but always seem to fall back, so I'm really struggling with anxiety about my quit date being so close. The closer it gets, the more anxiety I feel. I just joined EX and am starting the separation exercises. Any comments and advice will always be appreciated!

0 Kudos
jearen

Hi I have been cutting back on cigarettes uo to 5-10 a day. My quit date is the fist of January. I wnat to be quit a few weeks before getting my teeth cleaned. This is my second try this year and will be using the patch.

good luck to everyone

Jean

0 Kudos

Hi everyone.. going for broke this jan 1st.. myself AND my hubby ( omg).. I KNOW im gonna have to deal with some serious "itchiness" issues coming from us both.. but my issue is I'm home all day... alone... SO, not only do i have to quit while but im going to have to really have some support thru this online community... im a bit overweight, and my fear is putting on more pounds  in the quitting process.. which is what  has stopped me in the past.. but Im determined this time and determined to get outside and DO  SOMETHING - ANYTHING.. if you have any hints and/or tricks  plus support for  me I would truly appreciate some .. thanks again -  hope to hear from someone soon.. GOOD LUCK  TO YOU ALL!!

0 Kudos
arob

New Year's is my date also. My name is Arlene and I'm 46, and steadily smoked for the past eighteen years.  Depending on the stress level of the day I smoke anywhere from 1-3 packs a day.  Yuck-- I am tired of it.  Just thinking of the money I could have saved makes me sick.  So one goal I have is everytime I want a cigerette I will put a quarter in a jar. I have tried Chantix, but it didn't help me. My main smoking time is in the  morning. Any tips?

0 Kudos
bobbie11

I'm starting Chantix on January 1, and I've got to do better this time than the last times i "quit".  My husband has never smoked (til we married and he got the second-hand smoke), my eldest son has been quit for 5 years, middle son doesn't smoke, but my 21 year old (youngest) smokes.  I'm hoping that if I'm able to really quit, it might be an example for him.  I know smoking is allowed during the first week of Chantix, so I won't have actually "quit" on Jan. 1, but I'll be on my way.  My family is very supportive, and I'm tired of making them breathe polluted air.

0 Kudos
kellyh71

hello!

I am 38 and have been smoking off and on for 20 years.  I also have my quit date for Jan 1, 2010. 

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

0 Kudos
kay17

I quit cigarettes last New Years' for 6 whole months, and then went  to Vegas with some family members and decided that cigars would be OK  I started with one a week, then I was smoking one a night, now (when I am not at work), I smoke 3-4 a day! I am so disappointed that I gave up my QUIT, but it seemed to work last year so I am back again and my quit date is set for January 1 again. Wish me luck- this site helped me get 6 months, and this time NO TOBACCO is OK! 

0 Kudos