cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
zestycho1

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and I quit smoking 1-1-11. I am about to complete my 15th day smoke free and I must say that I am pretty proud of myself. It is the longest I have ever made it! I am 28 and have smoked for almost 10 years- a little under a pack a day.

I love that I am not waking up hacking every morning, I love not smelling like a nasty ashtray, I love that my complexion is looking brighter....I just miss my stress relief. The cravings have eased up alot, but when they hit, they hit hard! I am using the patch to help out some. Any support and friendship is appreciated!

Good luck to everyone!

0 Kudos
subvet

i had my last cigarette on the morning of the 1st. So far I haven't slipped and it really helps that my wife has also quit with me. It's way more difficult to do this when you are alone so if you are stay strong. I tried multiple times to quit when i was singled and I had a hard time making it a couple days.

If you have a smartphone, I would definitely recommend getting an app to help quit smoking. I got one for my droid and it keeps track of how many days I have been smoke free and it also counts up how much money I've saved and how many cigarettes I haven't smoked.

After 18 days of a pack per day at almost $9 per pack:

I've saved $161.31and I've not smoked almost 360 cigarettes!!

I think the hardest part is that I constantly want a cigarette. The only thing i want more is to not smoke. It took me along time to finally want to quit more than I actually wanted to smoke and that is the key.

0 Kudos
ashley72

I am going strong...like rock...nothing can stop me...thanks to you all for the support and thanks a lot for you my special friend...you showed me the right way!

0 Kudos
gonnaquit

Day 28!  I know that this time I can quit!  This day is particularly hard because something life changing happened 15 years ago today.  I know that my body is no longer physically craving the nicotine but my mind is craving something to deal with alittle added stress today.  NOPE!!!!  I have to remember!!!

This is a new year and I made the commitment to myself 28 days ago that I would stop this stupid habit.  Just have to get through it today...

0 Kudos
angel51859

Wow its hard to believe a month has passed I never thought I could do this! thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

0 Kudos
gonnaquit

124 Days and counting!!! Still a non-smoker!!!  Yeah!

0 Kudos
michael-r.

Hello All ~  I am planning to make January 1, 2012 my quit  date. Is anyone still using this group and if so how is the progress? Let me know if you are out there.

0 Kudos
maynell

Happy New Year, Molly, I guess that Yankee tree sap is sitting in there pretty solid about now. It won't get out of the 70's here - my only resolution is to continue along with my NOPE self and to perhaps help a couple of friends who are now struggling to quit. Stay syruppy....

0 Kudos
c2q

every day begins a new year, and with that in mind, I'm please to join this group.

0 Kudos
molzep

Hey May! We just finished last year's syrup this morning -good thing February is around the corner! -and basically are you calling me sappy?  🙂

0 Kudos