cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
star4

Way to go DD.  Not many New Years Day quitters left, huh?

0 Kudos

I can keep it up. I am going for my last radiation today. keep the pace. slow and steady.

0 Kudos
j-a

Hi Lyndi,

I am still smoke free.  I apologize for not posting sooner, but this website has truly been a turn off since they changed the layout.  How is Nancy doing?  Keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
Lyndi

Hi JA

I haven't sent a post in for ages, simply because this "new and improved" site is so bloody awful.  I did send a post to the admiin folks today - politely letting them know that they should have left well enough alone 🙂

Heck, for a few days, I couldn't even find my main page or this group  - the whole thing was scrambled.  Don't know what that was all about.  I've been involved with computer work since 1983, so  it's not like I'm some newbie floundering around.  I finally got things back on track and found a message in my inbox - left almost 2 months ago - by a lovely new lady.  Hope she's still sticking it out and doesn't think I was blowing her off by not answering her!

I haven't heard a word from Nancy.  Hope she's doing okay too. 

Lyndi
17,000 cigarettes NOT smoked by me!!!

0 Kudos
Lyndi

HI Again JA (and I hope Nancy too)

I noticed that the new people have disappeared already.  I hope it's the site that they've left and not that they've all packed it in and are back to smoking. 

Lyndi

0 Kudos
heidi16

Yeah!  January quitters!  I found my group!  I quit January 20th and feel better than ever.  Here's the thing, I've quit many, many times and this time I finally got that I can never have another puff again!  All the other times I thought I could have one every so often, you know occassionally, but I realized that you can't have another puff because you don't want the thousands that will come after that.  That's it.  It's really that simple.  Now that I know this, I just don't/won't ever, ever puff again!

0 Kudos
Lyndi

Hey Nancy and JA - are we done with this site?  <grin>

0 Kudos
eswank

i'm quitting in January i want to do the cigarette tracker so i have to wait till the 2nd to start it so i'll b back on my regular schedule! (i've bn off wrk all wk)! i've tried dozens of times but it's really time now!!! my kids need me too and i need too!!
0 Kudos
supiefly

I think this Group is so funny because I see posts from over 340 days ago which means it was created at least last year, HA, but I will aim for this year 2011. I have already quit once before with the help of chantix for a month this past year but was triggered over and ver by family and friends all whom smoke. I have cut down a lot on my smoking this past week and re-started this chantix about a week ago so I have already begun on the path. I hope I can do it this time. Im 32 and had a nasty cough this past week so it's really starting to get personal. I'll be okay but WOW the dreams I been having lately have been CRAZYY, and I'm the type who almost never remembers that I even dreamt at all and I been having vivid ones as of late. Wish me Luck people. p.s. This site is kind of confusing the way its laid out, I don't know what it looked like before but yeah it needs a little bit of work. Maybe I'll make some new friends here too.  Hit me up on Facebook Shaun Lee.   Have a Happy New YEar everyone and I hope it remains smoke FREE!! ...Wish me luck!!

0 Kudos

HI MY NAME IS DONNA, TONITE IS THE LAST TIME I IWLL EVER HAVE A CIGERETTE IN MY MOUTH,TOMARROW MORNING JAN1ST I WILL WAKE UP AS A NON-SMOKER!!!! WE CAN DO THIS......

0 Kudos