cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
cex2

Hi all

I stoped on Jan.1. I have had a few set backs but am still calling it guits. So far so good. Good luck to us all

0 Kudos
gail24

Just wanted to say I gave them up Jan 1, with the help of CHantix, really works,can't sleep to good at night, but if i can quit then it's worth a few zzz's. House , car, clothes starting to smell better, alittle more cingle in the pocket and with God's help going to make it this time. Quit so many times only to fail, had a dear Aunt die recently for lung cancer, that had never smoked a day in her life. Scarey!  I Got to think about my grands about.Second had smoking is harmful. Pray for  me and I will pray for you all, we can do it.

0 Kudos
emt088

Day THREE cold turkey.. sometimes I think im going to involuntarily get up and walk outside and smoke a cigarette, so strong is the urge to smoke. So far, im saved my not wanting the feeling of self shame that goes along with that first cigarette in days.. having to re-start my day count.. and knowing my breath, no matter how much mouth wash i use will smell horribly tomorrow morning, and my heart will feel like ive just run a mile.

Im afraid of whats going to happen on my birthday in a few days. Will I be able to drink with dinner and not smoke? Ive done ok today fighting the urge to steal a friend's cigarette. I know that will destroy my will power. I gotta stay strong.. i DO NOT want to smoke anymore! I want to be healthy!!

0 Kudos

cancer has gone to my brain. had tumor removed last wed and got out of the hospital yesterday. it is so nice to hear from all. i had no computer.

over one month down. wow.

0 Kudos

I'm a little better on my left side movement today. The tumor was on the right. Home health care coming, so I think they will give me some exercises to help. It's very frustrating having the fine motor skills not do what you ask in your head.

Thank God I'm doing a NOPE NOPE NOPE. I don't think I could manuever a lighter right now.

0 Kudos

n o p e

0 Kudos
shelise

Deedee, I know the new exercises will help. Hang in there, you are STRONG!

Well, NYExers, we've almost made it to another special celebration day - Valentine's Day. I just finished helping my son fill out valentines for his whole Kindergarten class. Hubby and I have reservations Saturday night at the lovely little restaurant where we got engaged on V-Day last year (and it's within city limits, so no one will be smoking!).

Celebrating is my worst trigger. I will feel panicky at first and reluctant to have a good time, but I can do this. I AM ALREADY doing this. 42 days, can I get a witness?!

0 Kudos

hi shelise:

i hope you have a wonderful celebration tonight. get a special sweet treat. my husband brought me roses and cleaned the kitchen spotless. it was a wonderful gift with me being so sick.

44 days of clean air in my chest. i definitely witness.

DeeDee

0 Kudos

ramen noodles never tasted so good. 🙂

0 Kudos

Hi All:

Good morning. Well, My Mom is on her way to pick me up to see the cardiologist. Cancer team mobilize.

So many different doctors. Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, Cardiologist, General Practitioner, Neurologist. This is no importance in order, just what I thought of when I thought of it.

Just fighting to keep the cancer away, And got that NICOTINE BASTARD, whispering in my ear. Just one.

NOPE NOPE NOPE: not one puff ever

love you guys,                                    DeeDee

0 Kudos