cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
temptation

15 more days until one month of no smoking. Remember: By the inch is a sinch. By the yard will make it hard.

0 Kudos
sharon77

Hi everyone - I quit @ 10PM New Year's Eve and I've been using less than one 'Commit' lozenger a day, so the nicotine isn't the problem, it's the hand to mouth habit.  I've tried using a worry stone and that helps some.  I find myself wanting to EAT to satisfy that hand to mouth urge and gaining weight is the last thing I need to do. 

Good luck to all of us, I know we can do it.  Since I don't get any support from friends or family (they really don't seem to care although when I smoked they all complained - the ingrates, lol) I may be posting often, just to keep a grip on not smoking.

It's wonderful to find this site and all it's help.  Everyone take care!  Sharon

0 Kudos
suzyq4

DeeDee and jill....the burger was the BEST. I'd forgotten how good they are....my poor taste buds have been deadened so long they thought they were on an acid trip from the wonderful flavors!!LOL!  I have reached a milestone most people don't talk about on the blogs...I have officially gained one full day back of my life!! That is WAY cool!! Someone asked me what I'm doing with all the money I'm saving by not buying the butts. It's funny...I haven't noticed any extra money yet!?! It's like when you get a raise or a new job that pays more and you're all excited about the extra money. But where is all that money? It's like your cost of just living rose right along with your pay! Anyway, I'll go out and get myself some garden plants in the spring. I should be able to get some fancy ones with all this cashola I'm saving....right?!?!

0 Kudos

Welcome back SuzyQ. Thanks for the smile.

Hello Sharon. I post all the time. I need to know there are others with me.

Wings game is on in a few minutes. Gotta go. Love you guys.

0 Kudos
tleah

My husband and I quit smoking on 1/10/2010. So far so good. We both agree, we feel so much better. We can breathe better. We can taste and smell better, we also smell better ourselves, since we don't walk aroung smelling like cig smoke anymore! Some of our cravings have been strong, but we are stronger! Good luck to all and here's to a Healthy, Happy New Year!

0 Kudos

go.go.  go.go.

0 Kudos
jill5737

Looking for some fellow inspiration - struggling while traveling for work today - Coming here has helped!  Thanks Team!

0 Kudos
Lyndi

It's been more than a year now since I ruined any clothes with hot cigarette ashes!!  First time in 47 years that a year passed, without anything of mine being burned by dropped cigarettes or their flying ashes!!  

I like that. <vbg>

For those of you who are just starting out, keep doing what you're doing - if it's working for you.  If it's not working very well, try something else.  Just don't pick up that first smoke, even if your ass falls off!!!

Lyndi

1 year, 2 weeks, 4 days, 10 hours and some minutes 🙂

0 Kudos
suzyq4

Day 20 and still hangin' in there. Mr. Nick O'Demon still tries to make a come back into my life but I just keep pushing him back out. Positive thoughts and reminding myself that I AM a quitter.

0 Kudos
brdnstrkd

20 days later its only a bitch for a second at a time . so far this has been quite a bit easier than i was anticipating, and at 10 bucks a pack i defiately see the difference in my pocket. yee fcn ha!

0 Kudos