cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies

Day 8: I have been having mental cravings all day. It's not physical after 8 days. I'm trying to stay strong. I just don't feel very up today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

0 Kudos

Hey SuzyQ, I hope all went okay with the car. The cold does not help with the smell. I know. I'm in michigan.

0 Kudos

Thank you Shelise. I was having such intense cravings today and I thought I was past the physical addiction part. But, from what you read, maybe not yet. I did not cheat, even though I had a $20 in my hand at the gas station. I bought an enrgy drink and put more gas in my car than it's seen in a long time.

0 Kudos
robert522

Hi Jmutch, I feel your pain about the smell in your car!  I quit on the first, didn't have to go back to work til the fourth, and was really stressed about that because I usually spend about 75% of my work time in my car, and I knew the smell, as well as not smoking while traveling would be a huge problem.  I bought a really strong car deodorizer, and febreezed the heck out of the car.  That really helped, but by the end of the week, I guess my sense of smell has gotten better and the febreeze etc has started to wain, so today I could smell a little of the old smoke smell...just hung in there and made it through the day.  Will get another deodorizer and febreeze again this weekend.  Hang in there, don't give up, and do all you can to cope with that old rotten smell!  You can do it!

0 Kudos
denise43

Five days and Ten hours and still going....................Congrates to all that never though it possible! Including myself! What a great feeling of accomplishment, we should all fell proud!! keep up the awesome work and stary supportive of each other.

Denise

0 Kudos
suzyq4

Well....it didn't go too well with my car. I opened up the door, took one whiff and closed it. Talk about a flashback!!! The crave was BAD!!! So I walked back into the house and will try again today. BTW...I ended up gettin' the hubby to do the runnin' around I was going to do. On a positive note..I didn't succumb to the crave and I didn't need an exorcist to calm me down. We've made it thru 8 days and tomorrow we will be hitting double digits!! Here's to a smoke free Day 9 and my car and I reestablishing our relationship!!!!

0 Kudos

good morning. It's easy to count in January. It's like kindergarten for ex's. baby steps.

0 Kudos
lostwoman

I had my last smoke on the eve of the 1st.  It has been rough going at times but am determined to quit this time.  I know what you mean about getting in the car. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!  I'm even making hubby smoke outside. Say's he doesn't mind.  Everybody keep up the good work.  Thank goodness for support groups

0 Kudos
debbieny

I am on day 9 and going strong.  I feel like this time I may really do it (I'm successful every time I quit 🙂  This morning I woke up and didn't immediately think about  not smoking.  I had a really bad day on Thursday (personal and work).  I wanted to go buy a pack in the worst way . . . .but didn't fold.  Maybe this may help some of you when the craving gets too much to handle:  I envision a very large tapeworm (disgustingly ugly) inside my stomach.  The creature lives from nicotine.  With each cigarette you have, it grows larger.  Right now, my monster is very small and dissappearing.  It only takes one puff to start it growing out of control again.  Good luck everyone and hang tough.

0 Kudos

Tape worms are gross.

I quit using the ashtray in my car in about 1990. I decided I did not like all the ash everywhere. In 1985, I drove a 1972 light blue LTD. Huge car with a huge ashtray. Well, one night my friend and I were out, both of us smoking, and I set the ashtray on fire. I nearly drove us off an overpass trying to put it out. This was a bonfire. You could smell wires starting to burn. We could not pull the ashtray out of the dashboard, because you had to push down on the metal thing in the center and pull. This is exactly where the flames were coming out. Great design, right? Finally, my friend, dumped her drink in the ashtray to put it out. Talk about a mess. Never, ever, use the ashtray in a car for anything but coins. WOW. That was 25 years ago.

0 Kudos