cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
amysue

I will smoke my last cigarette EVER on New Year's Eve 2009.  I'm looking for support to help me make it this time!

0 Kudos
rrrrrrrrrr

I'm aiming for 1/1 as my quit date.  I'm at about 9 per day and tracking my use and triggers.  I make myself log each one.  I started socially a few years ago, and quit.  Then I quit drinking all together and started smoking again.  That was 6 months ago and I felt entitled.  I plan to work down a bit and quit and maybe try Nicorette.  -- Rick

0 Kudos
luckydawn

Hello ,             First it is good to know I won't be alone on New years . My plan is to start cutting back / tracking my use . This time I really want to STOP for good ! I'm quite nervous , as i've smoked aroung around 30 years . ( thought it was around 25 years ,counted wrong ). I'm a pack or so a day . My lungs must look awful . Any help or support would be great . Best of luck to all the Quiters  in this New Year

0 Kudos
ccgirl

Just signed up tonight.......been thinking about quitting for quite a while, and "thinking about it is about all I have done.  Set my quit date for Jan 1, 2010, medication and patches in place........any support or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Lyndi

I'm with you JA, this new site is sure not an improvement.  I don't know what they were trying to do, but I think they missed the mark by at least a kilometre.  I like the adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  As for celebrating our year - maybe we should all get one of my husband's disgusting stogies and light up?  lol 

0 Kudos
steffie84

Hey all.  My name is Stefanie and I am from Florida.  I have been smoking since I was 12 I am now pushing 26 and have considered quitting several times. My mom who is a smoker was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2007 (You would have thought that I would have quit then but didn't) I always make the excuse that I am young and that will never happen to me but lately I have noticed that I have been wheezing and coughing in the mornings *yuck*  I have decided to stop thinking about quitting and to set a date and stick to it.  I have set my quit day for New Years day and I am excited to have a group that I can quit with that understands what I am going through.  My plan is to journal when I smoke and why and to cut back a little at a time until the big QUIT day.  Good luck to you all and if there is anything that I can do to help anyone please let me know!

0 Kudos
skygazer13

Me & My Husband Are Quitting New Years Eve @ Midnight ... We WILL NOT Smoke On New Years Day ... Or Any Day After That

We're 50 Yrs Old ~ The Next 20 Yrs Will Be Smoke Free ~ What A Nasty Habit !!! Time To Quit ~ For Good ~

Happy New Year !!! And May We All Suceed In Our Venture As Non Smokers ~ Good Luck ~ Strong WillPower ~ Just Don't Light Up Another Cigarette ~ Just Say NO ...

We Can Do This !!!

0 Kudos
kristy14

Signed up tonight.  I have tried to quit a couple of times, but I would really like to quit for good this time.  I need to learn how to handle stress without smoking. 

0 Kudos
supersoy

Hello

I have just joined.  I have been smoking for over 40 years.  I always said I could quit when I wanted to, but I have been struggling with it.  There are many triggers for me.  I also have RA, which is worsened by smoking.  My health is being affected horrendously by continuing to smoke.  I have joined because I need support from others.  

0 Kudos
warmhugs06

i just signed up today and really want to quit bad i am now coughing every time i lite up i cant stand it anymore and need and want to quit

0 Kudos