cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
dallas2

Hey there ladys, 130 + days....awsome job. I still have an occasional urge even though cig smoke stinks like hell now. There getting further apart, I learned what my stressers/ triggers are, getting lost and mad in the same trip!
  probley a good thing there wasnt a carry out around that day.lol. I stayed strong and got threw it though and then is wasnt so bad.
  REALLY glad we have all made it this far.
0 Kudos
j-a

THUR MAY 14. 09 YEP THE URGES STILL COME AND GO. NOT AS BAD AS WHEN WE FIRST STARTED BACK IN JANUARY. LYDIA I KNOW ALL ABOUT NOT HAVING INTERNET SERVICE--IT SUCKS DOESN'T IT! GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!! MOVING SUCKS TOO!
  LOL LOL
0 Kudos
nancympearson

137 days gang!!!! keep on trucking!
0 Kudos
Lyndi

Well, the cable connection is fixed and I'm back in business 🙂 Glad to see the posts from JA and Dallas. It was beginning to feel like the Nancy and Lyndi show. lol It's been 4 months 2 weeks 2 days and umpteen hours for me. I feel a lot better about this quit than I did 4 and a half months ago!
0 Kudos
chris14

Hello everyone,

YES, I am also still here and still not smoking. My Smoke-Meter shows 136 days and some hours, so it must be our 137th day - I have lost count. My husband finally quit for about 3 weeks and started smoking again, as did my boss and one of my co-workers. Everyone's smoking again But, I AM STILL WITH HERE!!! Almost five months and no intentions of going back. Hate cigarette breath now, and I can smell it from a mile away. Don't feel like lighting one up anymore at all, rarely think about it either, even though I've got a stressful (yet fun) new job and lived through a really tough time since the beginning of the year. I know better from past experiences and I won't let my guard down ever, but - I dare to say, I'VE DONE IT!!!
0 Kudos
Lyndi

Good going Chris. I'm glad the lessons from the past have stuck with you. You inspired me to keep trying when I first attempted this quit and I appreciate that. I love not stinking like smoke. I keep hoping my husband will quit smoking those foul smelling cigars of his, but he seems quite attached to them. Since he doesn't seem to be willing to try quitting, I suggested he switch from those disgusting cigars to a pipe with some good tobacco. Anything has got be better than having the vehicles both reek from those cigars. The smell of them cold actually gags me. I couldn't stand the smell of them when I was still smoking. That hasn't changed. 🙂
0 Kudos
angela6

Hey everyone!!! I'm still here and staying strong. Gosh, I can't believe its been almost 5 months since my last cigarette but here I am still a non smoker. I'm sure like the majority of you I can't even stand the smell of one much less think of smoking those nasty things. Can you believe we used to smoke those, GROSS!?!? I am so proud of all of us that stuck to our quit, it wasn't easy and just when we thought we would never make it, the sun peeked over the other side. Congrats to all of you for keeping your quit close to you and saying no.
0 Kudos
Lyndi

Day 141 without cigarettes. After 46 years of smoking, I still find myself occasionally reaching for a non existent cigarette. I'm still trying to pick up lint and put it in ashtrays that were taken out of the house last December. But, all in all, this not smoking gig is going better than I expected.

I'm asthmatic. Have been all my life. I'm also allergic to tobacco smoke. At the end of my smoking career, my inhaler and nebulizer use was very, very steady. Now, I still have to use my preventive inhaler, but the rescue inhaler has seen little use in the last couple of months. Best of all, I have not used the nebulizer since the day I butted out!!

I was becoming attached to that nebulizer machine much too often for my
  liking. I do believe I can put the machine away now. I don't think it needs to collect dust in the living room anymore.

Quitting smoking is a good thing.
0 Kudos
j-a

WED MAY 21. 09. I HEAR YOU LYNDI, I FIND MYSELF REACHING FOR ONE WHILE I AM TALKING ON THE PHONE, SO I NOW CUT A HANDFUL OF STRAWS INTO SMALLER PIECES THE LENGTH OF CANCER STICKS. THAT WORKS WELL. WE ARE STILL GOING. THAT IS THE IMPORTANT PART. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND KEEO UO THE GOOD WORK!
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Yeah for you Lyndi, 141 days and being able to breathe so much better has made all of it worth it. J A we are doing this because of tricks like you are doing with the straws. Doing what is needed ot stay quit. yeah us!
0 Kudos