cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
cindy33

Happy New Year everyone. I also smoked my LAST cig last night. This time I hope to commit to being smoke-free forever.
0 Kudos
bridget

Last cig last night at 11:59...woke feeling ok then had breakfast...GOOD LORD did I want a cig after breakfast...struggled through a couple of hours then slapped on a patch...even typing on computer is hard without cig...Trying to stay strong and think positive...Happy New Year and Good Luck
0 Kudos
susan52

Day 1. Instead of the normal dread and anxiety I usually feel the first day I try to quit smoking, I have a strong sense of resolve. Smoking is not an option- I am done. Cleaned out the "smoking corner" in my garage last night. Today I went to get a box from the garage to start packing up holiday decorations, and it was like- "Oh, yeah- she's gone...that woman that used to smoke there." Kinda helped. Best of luck to all of you! 9 hours and 33 minutes into my quit.
0 Kudos
laurence

Happy New Years folks. I try again. I haven't had a cigarrette since last night at 11;58pm. I took the remaining pack of cigs and put them in the freezer. Why? Guess if I fall off again I want to be able to grab on in an emergency without going out and buying another $8.50 pack and be committed to smoking them.

I have tried several times over the years to stop. Both my parents died of tobacco related illnesses so I know up close what it can do. I sucked on a commit this morning instead of coffee and a cig in the bathroom Don't like the taste of committ but it is 12:35PM so I guess I should congratulate myself on being a half day free AGAIN. lol. Best to your all.
0 Kudos
sharon29

January 1st-I have been without a cigarette for 16 hours. I am using the patch, and it has been a pretty good day. I have kept myself very busy, and avoided a lot of triggers. Keep praying to keep strong. Good luck to everyone today. Sharon
0 Kudos
pat-h.

Jan 1st.......smoke free for 11 hours! I've been a 3 pack a day person for over 40 years...not proud of that fact~ just being honest. The docs say I am headed for the oxygen tank so I am done with it!
  Good luck to all of you!
0 Kudos
noreen

Jan 1st 18 hrs smoke free since 12:00am. I feel weird but the cravings are becoming defeatable. I have been drinking orange and cranberry juice, to help but my body feels like it's been in a fight.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Everyone, I quit November 3rd and doing great. I'm here to support anyone who needs a friend.
0 Kudos
anna4

12 hours into quitting and feeling stronger. I figure the more times I resist an urge, then the easier it becomes to stay away. I almost went to store for "just one" but started doing something instead. I wrote a "goodbye" letter to the smokes for myself (there were curse words involved to my cigs) I have a nagging cough though (expected). I am glad all of you are here to help. I DONT HAVE A CHOICE - NO MORE CIGARETTES! Good Luck (eat them black eye peas) in your 09!
0 Kudos
davona

Ok, didnt have coffee this morning because I knew I would break. Im cleaning like a mad women. Then I made a huge meal for the family. Just trying to stay busy. I just actually sat down for the first time really. My best friend called to talk tonight now that was hard, the phone is my worst trigger. Well, good luck everyone and God Bless
0 Kudos