cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rgr2018

New Year's Quitter Having Problems

Hi there - My quit date was 1/1/19 and so far I have been smoke free. I take chantix and am using the patch as well as some gum from time to time.  I prepared for this quit (my very first serious attempt) for over a month, reading all the suggested materials from this and other web sites.  I made all my lists about why I wanted to quit and things to do instead of smoke and I have my quit kit well stocked with candies, chewing gum, and snacks.  So you would think I would be in good shape.  But as I reach day 24 I almost feel like I'm entering an early no man's land.  I feel disconnected from everything ...like I'm waiting for something to happen, but it never does.  I have to maintain this quit for lots of reasons and I don't want to feel like it's in jeapordy, but I wanted to check in for some early advice before I find myself trying that bs of thinking I can take one puff and still be ok.  Bottom line, I could really use some feedback on why I'm feeling this way after more than 3 weeks and what I can do to prevent it from ruining my quit.  Thanks in advance.  Best regards, Rosemary

12 Replies
maryfreecig

Awesome!!! Keep the smobriety rolliing in.

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Congratulations on your wonderful quit, Rosemary!!   Sounds like you really did your homework which makes for a successful quit.   Remember that you are in control so nothing can make you lose your quit but you.  Not craves, not memories, and not thoughts.  Just you.  Continue to own your quit as you've been doing and you'll be fine

sweetplt

Hi Rosemary,

First of all, be proud and a big Congratulations on your Quit.  I think you are early in your quit and I think you are feeling that “you don’t know who you are w/out the smokes”...don’t rush it, as your mind clears you will need to rethink so many things.  For me, I am finding I smoked my emotions all my life...at the age of 54 I am having to face my emotions from many life situations and “let go”...

This Journey is definitely a process.  Tomorrow is a new day.  Hang on, it does get better  Colleen aka sweetp

0 Kudos