cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
DMShander

Hi everyone, newbie here. I'm on Day 5 of quitting, and it's been one of those moment to moment days. I think it's been the toughest so far. It's been a challenge, but I feel like it's the first real committed attempt I've made at staying quit. I'm grateful to have this group

0 Kudos
Josephabq

Hi I'm Joseph new here and bought my last pack of cigarettes Friday February 2nd 2018 so planning not to buy cigarettes tomorrow....wish me luck...

anaussiemom

Wishing you much success.

Josephabq

Thank you...

0 Kudos
darnPainter

you can do this Josephabq

0 Kudos
SwedishChef

I’m a new quitter... in 2.5 hours it will be 7 full days since I quit. Tried 4 times before: Allen Carr workshop, cold turkey, hypnotherapy, vaping.

This time, vaping is doing it for me, so far.

I read online when I feel a craving or am questioning myself. It ALWAYS helps.

Sometimes I think “I’ve gotten this far, I could do it again LATER.”... and then I realize how badly I want this terror out of my life.

Cigarettes are one giant LIE:

• you feel terrible

• you smell awful

• it’s embarrassing 

• everyone around you hates it

• it makes you feel powerless

• it steals your life away

And yet...

• we were all BORN as happy non-smokers!

• we can CHOOSE to live longer

• we can CHOOSE to be healthy... it’s 100% up to us

• we can CHOOSE to overcome this lie and have a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT under our belts... we deserve it!

And so...

• I’m determined to not believe the lies

• I’m choosing LIFE IN THE FULL

• I’m choosing health & purity

• I’m choosing to put my friends & family before myself

• I’m not going to be afraid anymore!

If anyone told me that I could gain my life, peace, happiness for both myself and my family just by saving money, time and a few weeks of mildly hard work... who WOULDN’T take that deal!?

Freedom from smoking isn’t just free... it pays YOU!

So I’m going to take that deal. I’m going to push through the few weeks of mild discomfort because...

• I deserve this sense of accomplishment 

• I want to kiss my wife & kids without smelling like cigarettes

• I want to show them a good example of life, peace and health

• I’m never going to deal with another dirty look

• I’m gonna be able to go anywhere because I don’t have to worry about whether or not I’m allowed to smoke

• I’m gonna live a long, healthy, happy life

• I’m no longer going to allow something so small to control me...

• THE FREEDOM IS JUST WAITING TO BE CLAIMED, SO I’M SHOWING UP!

darnPainter

Cigarettes are one giant lie once we see through the smoke screen of deception. Keep showing up here swedishchef. Recovering you life and your choices has just begun. Keep watching lies until they no  longer hold power over you.

John 79 dof and grateful.  

darnPainter

Nicotine Addiction 101. Most important page here. In my opinion

anaussiemom

Lcuzivc  smaller.jpg

101 reasons screensaver!!  If you wish.

lorap

Hi everyone - I'm not a big group person but have been smoke free for nearly 2 days now   LOL 

I've been trolling thru here most of the day and actually think this may help get me thru this! 

I'm patching and added welbutrin.  I'm hoping to stop using the welbutrin by the end of the week.

Thanks to all and may we all get thru this !