cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
CarolinaGal

Day 2 here! A few more cravings than this time yesterday. Maybe because I'm off work today so not as much to keep my mind and hands busy. 

Almost had a major issue earlier this morning. Went to get my jacket out of the and what car and what did I see? Two cigs that must've fallen out of a pack and gone in between the front seat. I didn't even grab my jacket..just slammed the car door and went back inside! Hubby and son had left for work already so I knew I'd have to get them outta the car and stick them under water. If they stayed there all day, not only could I not get in the car, but who knows what I would've done knowing they were out there! 

Glad to say I was able to get one and destroy it, the other fell further down and is out of sight. I'll have to get hubby or son to find it and kill it for me! 

Sandi4

CarolinaGal

Congratulations on your 2nd Day Of Freedom and great job on walking away from those sickarettes! It's important to protect your quit. Stay close to this site and absorb all the wisdom of the Elders.  I've also found some tips from the newbies to be helpful as well.  You've got this and we're all here to support you.  As I'm sure you've seen in many post, remember this mantra...Not One Puff Ever.  NOPE!

Sandi 38DOF

CarolinaGal

Thank so much Sandi! The support means the world to me! 

anaussiemom

I quit a bit ago today!!

0 Kudos
Dancingsun

anaussiemom You mean coffee?

anaussiemom

Cigs

Dancingsun

Congratulations anaussiemom!! You sure took the horse by the reigns. How long has it been? I hope you are well.

Sandy-9-17-17

Hello Dancingsun!  Congrats on quitting, and now counting the days of freedom!  It is awesome to be a quitter.

You can take your mouse if on a computer, and hover over anyone's screen name and a box should pop up.  

Most times there is information on quit dates in that box!  Just a little FYI for ya!  

anaussiemom‌ congrats on day one!  You can do this!   I look forward to watch your numbers climb higher and higher! 

Sandy

Dancingsun

Thanks Sandy Thumbs up on the info.. and the pics are clearer. Thanks for the encouragement and support. I feel very positive. What helps me is attitude - Have to be thinking positive. It's a major move in my life. Today has gone by quicker than yesterday Take care.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Not long enough!  Just about 5 hours, or so.

Official quit here is 1/31/18.   I had to just, get goin">>>>>>