cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Never give it a second thought

Now, just as life happens it causes me to reflect.  I realize that I would smoke over every little thing.  Just got a call from sister in law that my mother-in-law is sick in hospital with cancer and wants to see me.  Now that I am smoke free and my thinking has changed this is not a reason to smoke.  My daughter called the salon she is working in is closing.  I would have started " mindlessly"puffing immediately.  Now I am free, do not "have to smoke".  Her husband has been out of work due to surgeries.  There is no way smoking is going to fix any of this.  The storm we had the other day did some minor damage outside.  This would have been a trigger but the new me knows there is no "need" to smoke.  

Are you in a crisis?  Know that smoking is not going to change any of it.  Breathe  and NEF never ever forget one puff will only take you back to Day ONE not WON.  Move forward just like the nonsmoker you are.  Don't give smoking control of your thoughts or actions.  Let it go, breathe and as Mike.n.Atlanta  would say "keep on keepin on".  Life Happens. 

16 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

My daughter has found a new location, but get this... the owner of the shop that says she is closing is not happy about it and not speaking to her in the meantime, saying she should have waited to see if she could negotiate with the landlord.   Go figure. 

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Yeah, because I'm sure the owner is looking out for your daughter's best interest and was going to pay her while she looked for a spot AFTER the shop closed. 

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

JACKIE1-25-15‌, So sorry life is hitting hard from all directions at one time, but I know you will handle it with grace and without smoking, Lady J!  You've proved it to us over and over again, and all we had left was to follow your lead!

prjimm01

good post, thanks quit buddy!

JACKIE1-25-15

Hey buddy. 

0 Kudos
Strudel

Jackie - You are such a wise woman! I am sending prayers and a hug - for you and your family! 

YoungAtHeart

Understanding that, when our kids are grown, we can't always fix their boo-boos is one of life's toughest lessons, I think.  I STILL like the AA saying I've oft heard repeated.

They are grown-ups now, and the ups and downs are THEIRS to experience.  They still have learning to do - and, although it's tough to watch, they need to do that - just like we did.

I hope those things are not weighing too heavily on you!

Nancy

0 Kudos