cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ddjonesy

Nervous Newbie!

Hi, I'm new to the group. My name is Dee. I tried Chantix several months back, but stopped when the new year rolled around. I had to start all over to reach my deductible for the year. Now my deductible has been met and I am starting over again. I have called my dr and she has called me in a script for starter pkg of Chantix. Will be picking that up today. 

My birthday is next Wed., and I would like to be able to quit then. I know that isn't giving me a whole lot of time. But I hope to be able to stop. The thing is, I'm getting nervous and starting to stress, just even writing about it! So just thought I'd introduce myself and start to go through some of the articles you have posted. 

Congrats to all you Quitters! 

(One of the few times being called a quitter is a good thing!) 

Tags (1)
47 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome, please do the recommended reading above me because it'll help you to prepare for your precious upcoming quit, you can and will be successful, read everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit because there's a wealth of information to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb one day at a time or one minute or even one second at a time. 

Ddjonesy

Thx for the support and encouragement, Marilyn! 

0 Kudos

I quit smoking in 6 days without NRTs or pharmaceuticals. That doesn't mean it's right for you! What does apply is that it is doable in one week. As you said, "Immerse yourself!" You'll find out that of course, your Addicted Brain is going haywire! That's what we do when we so much as half commit to maybe trying hopefully to quit smoking. When we are 100% determined, focused, and convinced that we will successfully quit smoking - the Addicted Brain goes a little Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs but it's much less intense and doesn't last as long! Read, imagine, fake-it-till-you-make-it, believe, and Become an EX!

You Can Do This!

Ddjonesy

Thx for the support and encouragement, Thomas! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX, we are all happy to meet you and to help you in any way that we can...do the recommended reading and please believe me...we were ALL nervous newbies at one time.  We have all been where you are today, every single one of us, that's how this works. There are no shortcuts and the only way out is through, we cannot tell you when you will feel better, we can tell you that you WILL and that it WILL get easier but it takes time.  We are here to help and to advise and to share what worked for us.

Welcome,

Ellen

Ddjonesy

Ellen, thanks so much for your encouragement and advice! 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Welcome to the group!  No need to be nervous!  You have been given lots of advise and links to reading material that will be helpful in your preparation.  I cannot add much - except stay involved here and stay close - don't be afraid to ask for help!  Best wishes! 

Ddjonesy

Thx, Jennifer!  You will probably be seeing a whole lot more of me! 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It would be the best birthday gift you could ever give yourself.  It will keep on giving as long as you stay free.  

Ddjonesy

Thx for the encouragement, Jackie! 

0 Kudos