cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nevergiveup

Negative/Obsessive Thoughts

What do you do to redirect your mind from negative or obsessive thoughts? I am asking because I came across a post recently that suggested blowing bubbles which is something I never thought about before.

Labels (1)
19 Replies
maryfreecig

If what you are thinking about is important to you, but you are not getting beyond fearful thinking, try talking with someone. 

I try to face what is bothering me. Running away leads me right back to the problem that is bugging me. Ex and smober living help me to keep climbing up rather than down. It's not like my own and only my own willpower and awareness help me to change my perspective on something that is bugging me--I work it with the wisdom given to me by so many. 

Yes you can one day at a time.

I pray. I ask God to remove the bad thinking. I prayed a long time and asked God to give the the desire to quit smoking. It doesn’t have to be a long prayer. Just one sentence or I just say “help me Lord!” It continues to help me. 

nevergiveup

I think more and more about my spiritual beliefs every day.

JACKIE1-25-15

Prayer works.

SuzyQ411

I 'm thinking of you and wondering how are things going for you nevergiveup‌....  I was just on your site and reviewing some of your posts and they are fantastic!  Gonna read today's now--about the dishwasher... Hope your quit is running more smoothly than it was....

~ Suzy

Godisable247

2020, has had a whole lot of issues. However I am officially 1 year smoke free....YAY !!!  My motivation was 1st I was tired of smoking 2nd Covid-19. That was truly my motivation. I want to  be here for my husband going thru cancer who has never been a smoker. He is in remission and keeping it moving. We all need to be able to breathe. Praise God .

Godisable247

Let me know if you need motivation and tips such as patches and gum. If not let's talk about it.  I have been out of pocket for a while now but I'm back stronger than ever. Life goes on.

nevergiveup

Thanks for the offer. I actually have nicotine gum but decided to do this without it.

Yes try first without it. You never know. Also I pop in a piece of hard candy often (whenever I want to smoke). At night it’s tough because I don’t want to load up in sugar before bed.