cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Need to Vent

I have been training this new girl at work for the past school year (August-June).  She is impossible to train!  She is constantly sighing like I am annoying her.  I can repeat myself 1,000 times and she just does not get it.  My last straw was yesterday and why I need to vent...  As I was training her at my computer, she proceeded to put her head down on my desk.  Forehead to desk. Seriously?? I was so dumbfounded.  Ummmm.... do you need a break I say? 

Who does that????????????????????????????????????

download (4).jpg

36 Replies

It amazes me how some people are.  No work ethics what so ever....Wait.... I am supposed to be working now.  LOL.  Eh, it's summer.  It's a ghost town.  It's slow.... Anyways, I did mention something to her supervisor when she asked me how it was going.

GyorgyiM

I always tell people "I don't work for a paycheck, I work for a "PURPOSE" and get paid for it"

I have trained about a 100 people in the last 7 years and I know the "signs"...

1. They don't write anything down..

2. They will ask the same question 432 times...

Why? 

Because they don't write anything down.....

3. They rely on others to answer their question once they finish training...

Why? 

Because they don't write anything down...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Had one woman fall asleep (literally) during a slow period while training.....YES, REALLY!

Had another one pull out her "Vapor" and lit up during training!......YES, REALLY!

the list goes on.....and on.....and on.....

So I must say I've had my share as well...........so I DO understand....

HANG TOUGH! ......tomorrow's another day...

Miles of Smiles....

GyorgyiM

Oh gosh, that's terrible!  LOL

0 Kudos
Barb102

I had one that trained great. He always asked for more work. What a prize intern. Until the day after he left and much of his work was locked in his overhead bin. Ulch what a nightmare. 

Barb

You guys have me laughing!  My day wasn't so bad was it?  Hahaha

missellen

I once had someone come in for an interview (internal candidate) and she swung her legs over the chair and kicked off her shoes. Um, hello, you're not at home. I mean, sure, "internal candidate", so we know you, but it's not a sure bet you're getting the position and it is still an INTERVIEW! Needless to say, she didn't get the job.

missellen

Oh-My-Lanta!!  LOL.  That's terrible!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I had an applicant tell me that she could explain anything that showed up on her background check - even the incident when she stabbed her significant other.  I didn't waste the company's money on even running the background check - lol -   I had already ruled her out before she made that statement - but really?

Jennifer-Quit

WOW!  Just WOW!  LOL

0 Kudos