cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michelle58

Need help seperating from some of my triggers

I quit smoking 7 days ago and I have done remarkable well for my self. I can not say that I have not had a cig at all in those 7 days, but it was only 2 cig and not 2 packs. My biggesst trigger that I am having trouble with is boredom. Anyone have any ideas to help, PLEASE.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
michelle58

I have not had a cig since I quit. I was not looking for excuses to smoke I was looking for ideas to help with boredom.
0 Kudos
lianna-torres

try picking up a hobby, something you can't do while smoking.
0 Kudos
lianna-torres

I am new to this forum thing so I hope I am doing this right.
I am not doing so good been trying to do the plan and I am stuck on exercise one ( counting/timing/reason for each cig) I start out with good intentions and zesto but by midafternoon/early evening I loose track of writing it down. I know I have slowed down on the amount I smoke each day but... with all the holiday stuff and a house full of drama (anohter story another time) I have yet to complete a full day of the exercise1, any suggests would be helpful. I would like to set my quite date for 1-1-09 ( as I am facing vocal cord surgery after the first of the year) but I want to be sucsessful so I feel it is very important to do the complete exercises of the "plan" by the way I am on day 4 of trying to track my triggers.
0 Kudos