Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

knied4130

Need a friend

I need a friend to talk to I'm having a hard time coping 

Labels (1)
10 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @knied4130 I see you're almost 3 days quit YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths, you've got this....

0 Kudos
knied4130

Thank you for the kind words I'm also 6 months sober ofalcohol and it's so hard coping and Im also  stressed on top of this 

MarilynH

CONGRATULATIONS on 6 precious months of sobriety that's wonderful! hopefully the stress you're under will subside or at least get easier soon, I'll have 11 years sober in February and today I've got 7 and a half years of Smokefree living in neither was easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT whew I made it through and so will you.... @knied4130 

knied4130

How did you cope with things that's great news 

MarilynH

I think with both alcohol and smoking I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired, I actually wasn't very healthy when I finally wised up and quit drinking I had ulcers and just felt rotten but I still wanted to drink but I didn't and tried to stay busy with smoking for 40 years of at least 30 a day, I really didn't think I'd ever quit but finding out that I have copd scared me so I found this community neither was easy that's for sure! You can do this we're here for you and we're rooting you on You've got this believe it! @knied4130 

knied4130

Thank you 

Aherrington90

@knied4130 everyone here is super helpful. Congrats on being sober!! Do you have a reason for quitting? I'm 13 days away from my quit day and have awful headaches and yesterday had a bout of just out of nowhere anger! Today I tried the go to a quiet place and take deep breaths without a cig.....it worked! Didnt work for the headache. I had originally planned to quit on the 1st but after reading everything I realized I can make a plan that works for me and give myself time to prep so when the day comes, I have ways to cope and and dont go running for that cig. We are here for you! You got this!

knied4130

I have health problems and Im trying to quit before I get COPD and I have depression and anxiety alot so I'm having a hard time coping with things

0 Kudos
JohnRPolito

Knied, hope these crave coping exercises help.  Also, reflect on why although normal to believe that smoking is a stressbuster, that it's exactly the opposite, that smoking elevates stress. We're with you in spirit.  Just here and now, that next challenge if any, yes you can!!!

John R Polito
I am a contributor to WhyQuit and am willing to assist with those interested in Cold Turkey quitting. I am posting of my own accord with permission from WhyQuit.