Jump to solution

I’m so scared. Tomorrow is my quit date   I want so much to do this #

31 Replies
Donco

Yes...

Sincerely,

Donna Livingston

elvan

Welcome to EX...do the reading and know that you are NOT alone, we have all been where you are, we have all done this one day at a time, it is the only way.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barb102

Thanks I’m telling myself I just have to quit for today otherwise it’s overwhelming to me. Barb

Sent from my iPhone

elvan

That's what it IS, one day at a time and when a whole day seems too long...make it an hour or a minute.  Make it one experience at a time.  Each time you manage to do something without smoking, you have added to your strength...as your strength grows, your fear will weaken...your addiction will lose its grip on you.  You are making new memories and those smoke free memories are very important. No crave ever killed anyone, ANYONE!  NO ONE can say that about smoking.  Stay as close to the site as you possibly can.  Read, blog, comment, pay attention to advice that is being offered.  Every person here wants you to succeed.

Ellen

maryfreecig

After quitting and staying quit, the pieces will come back together. Only at first does quitting seem like a goodbye too big to say. But one thing turns out to be true, nicotine ruled us, we didn't rule it--recovery from the addiction becomes ever the sweeter as you go one day at a time.

Barb102

one day at a time

Sent from my iPhone

freeneasy

Believe in yourself. You can stop-you've done it before. It's not easy but it's doable and you'll be so happy you quit. Read everything you can find regarding quitting and nicotine addiction. Take to heart all of the advice above. Quitting is something that you can learn how to do. The more you learn, the more confidence you will have. You don't have to be afraid of quitting.You're afraid because you'll be out of your comfort zone, but this will pass.

hergie

My quit date is Monday.  I can relate to being scared....petrified is more like it.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome, hergie !

I hope you will do all the reading I recommended earlier in this blog.  Educating yourself is SO important to this endeavor.  Do the tracking and separation exercises suggested under "My Quit Plan" if you can.  Think about how you can change up your routines so you can reduce triggers and associations.

You CAN do this; we can help!

Nancy

MichelleDiane

Hi hergie.  Welcome to the best place on the web.  I can relate and I am sure there are scores of people in this community that can as well.  Taking it one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, or even one second at a time will help.  Keep coming to this site for support and encouragement.  It really does work.

-Michelle