cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML Weekly Check In – 9/27/2017

keep calm dont smoke.jpg

We are doing this discussion every Wednesday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit. These dates are approximate!  All are welcome to play in our little playground!

Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us in NML.  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the Daily Pledge! 

Topic Question: I got nothing for this week other than a blast form the past from the Caravan Master OldBones-Larry - /blogs/oldbones5358-Larry_10-21-2013-blog/2014/03/23/back-across-the-desert 

Read it in good health NMLers!  The following two lines stuck out to me,Safe journey to everyone.  One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to go.”

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our Elders for helping us on a daily basis.  I still read daily and I truly believe that helps me protect and keep this quit precious. 

While I am happy to continue posting the NML weekly check in post, I also think it may be time for me to turn it over to someone else.  It has certainly helped me during my time in NML and I want to give the opportunity to someone else if they need or think it would be helpful to them.  Please let me know.  I am ok either way and don’t want to “hog” or take an opportunity away from someone else.

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club!

NML List  (Please let me know if there is anyone who has been missed!)

roller831

julesakaGG

Christophina

Brianairb2

constanceclum

josnyder72

Free2BU

bookee6

turtlegirl101

TurboRose

tlajbenn

Dani_2017 

Ready2021

Diannnnn

gregp136 – GRADUATED!!!

TW517 – GRADUATED!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Roller831

Hi fellow NMLers!  I am doing well and continue to have a strong, positive, grateful and happy quit.  I am close to being in the TD (triple digit) club and look back and cannot believe I have made it this far.  No turning back!  Today, I can say I will not go back to Day One!  

I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing.  I look forward to reading everyone's check ins!

TW517

Dang.  I forgot to order my cap & gown

Love seeing that GRADUATED!!!! next to my name!

josnyder72

Congrats!!!

Roller831

I am happy to see you check in anyway!!!  YAY!

Diannnnn

Congratulations!

josnyder72

Happy Wednesday my fellow NMLer's.... I want to wish a HUGE congratulations to those who have graduated!! I look forward to the day I get there myself.....Thank you again roller831‌ for giving us a place to check in and give / get the support we need to continue on this journey.....

I am still here at 72 days of smoke / nicotine free....I still have to pinch myself when I see those days adding up....This site and everyone on it has been very instrumental in my success so let me shout a HUGE THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!!!

There have been a lot changes going on my my life in the last 2 1/2 months, but one thing has remained the same....I am no longer a smoker! That feels fantastic to say, let me say it one more time....I.....AM....NO LONGER...A SMOKER!!!! Despite the ups and down (and round and rounds), my cravings have been near obsolete, and those that I have had, have only lasted moments and were usually gone but the time I realized that I had a craving....I thank this site and those who had directed to me to all of the reading material in the beginning....because I armed myself with knowledge, I am better ready to expect the unexpected and know that with each passing day, I am one step closer to not thinking about smoking.....I am not claiming the rest of NML will be easy but I do believe that because my toolbox is filled, I will succeed through this dry, hot, desert (as I envision it to be).

Thanks for staying until the end of my ramble! Have a wonderful and smoke freeweek!!

Jo

Roller831

I really enjoy seeing happy check ins and knowing there are many of us strong in our quit during our time in NML!  I truly believe it is because we are educated and aware of the potential pitfalls of NML.  Thank you for checking in and making this weekly thing successful!

0 Kudos
tlajbenn

Good evening. I'm finally settling in on the couch with my cup of tea and taking a relaxing break after doing a few yoga stretches. My tea smells wonderful and the warmth takes the stress out of my muscles. This is so much better than trudging outside to puff on a nasty smelling and tasting cigarette that I will never be satisfied having just one of. 

I'm at 71 days smoke free. Sometimes I am more short tempered or get emotional easier but it doesn't make me want to smoke.  I feel strong in my quit and happy to share this journey with all of you. 

Thank you for this check in. 

Roller831

Another happy check in!  We are the happy NMLers!!!  I know I used to smoke when I got angry or emotional.  I have found new ways to deal with the same emotions and situations I have always had in my life.  We choose not to smoke over something and to really deal with it now!  Excellent check in tlajbenn‌!

0 Kudos