cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & Inbetweener Weekly Check In - 06/11/2018 - Getting to know you!

We have this discussion every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit and to those inbetweeners who have not yet made it to the 6% club. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us in NML.  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to  Daily Pledge

This week’s topic: Getting to Know You!

If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?

If you were a candy bar, which candy bar would you be? Share why?

Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight, or night? Please share why you picked your time of day?

Sharing your experience, strength, and hope is a great way to help others!

ENJOY the journey! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Roller831

I agree the morning time is peaceful.  4:30AM?  WOW!  I struggle to get my butt out of bed with my alarm at 5AM.  I typically miss the sunrise.

0 Kudos
jtheo

Great topic!!!

How can I possibly pick an age when I haven't been all ages yet?  If I had to choose today, I may go back to my 40's but I'd definitely want to keep my wisdom and knowledge as I know much better now than then.

Candy bar?  Almond Joy/Mounds.....sometimes you feel like a nut....sometimes you don't!!

Time of day?  Dawn and twilight.  I'm up early and I love to hear the world waking up.  Passing houses as the lights are coming on. Smelling breakfast cooking.  Listening to the birds as they wake and stretch.  Watching for the nocturnal animals as they carry themselves off to bed. Knowing there is a brand new day head of me!! Twilight for the same reasons.  Hearing parents call their children in for bath time.  Smelling dinners cooking as I walk my neighborhood.  The relaxed atmosphere of people settling in for the evening.  Knowing that I've made another day...smoke free to boot!!!

Jill (DOB 53)

Roller831

LOL!  Oh my!  My husband and I were signing the Almond Joy jingle just last night because both of us were "nuts"!  Almond Joy's got nuts.....Mounds don't!  Be...cause......sometimes you feel like a nut!  Sometimes you don't!

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

20s to mid 30s............When I was a dancing fool and all my passions were alive.... Dancing, Painting, Songwriting, Singing and making a (lp) record.  

Dark chocolate truffle with a touch of mint.

Sunrise ....I am usually up by 5:00 am, weekends included. I like to sit out in the backyard, even in the dark, listening to the birds and bugs wake up.....and just be Thankful for "all".

Miles of Smiles...

Roller831

So why dark chocolate with a touch of mint?  Not so sweet with a touch of something special?  LOL!  Just kidding.  I love hearing the why more than the candy bar!

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

I am a dark choco-holic!......Plain or jazzed up.....Mmmmmmmmmm.............

0 Kudos
DLHaffner

I don't think I've reached my favorite age yet.  I'm 38 now and still feel like I'm figuring life out...if you forced me to choose probably this age is the best so far.

I'd be a nut goodie because they remind me of my family and Minnesota.

Night, definitely night...or I guess super early morning.  I love star gazing and the peace of no one else around.  I live 45 minutes south of Los Angeles so it's a luxury to have a really clear night that's not totally drowned out by city lights where stars and plants are really visible.  It also reminds me that we're just a speck of sand in the universe and that any problem I have is really no problem at all.  I think of this video The power of 10s

I kind of get what everyone's been talking about on the NMLs thing.  I've been having more thoughts of smoking lately.  It's annoying.  I have been less vigilant of checking this site.  I also have smelt smoke and it smelt good a few times lately .   I remind myself that this might be my only chance to quit.  I'm mostly comfortable but have definitely had anxiousness I did not experience until the last few weeks.  Maybe I need to watch the power of 10s video again.  Grateful for you all on this site.  Happy Tuesday!

Danielle

99 DOF

Roller831

Danielle - Now it is more important than ever to keep this site close.  I certainly don't want to "lose" you to smoking and I know you certainly don't want to start at Day 1 again.  The thoughts come and go.  It will happen now and for the rest of your life.  YoungAtHeart‌ recently posted a blog about a smokemare after years of being quit.  Keep your quit precious!!!  You've got this!

elvan

STAY CLOSE!