cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & In-betweener Weekly Check In - 05/14/2018 - Getting to Know You

We do this blog every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in No Man’s Land -- months 2-3-4 of a quit and for those somewhere in-between who have less than 1 year of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

1. What show on Netflix did you binge watch embarrassingly fast?

2. Which celebrity do you shamelessly follow in the news?

3. What’s something about you that people would be surprised to know?

4. What is your favorite smell and why?

5. What food could you not live without?

If you're in NML right now, give a shout!  Reach out and find each other! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

14 Replies
Deena-A-Yenni

1.  Shameless

2.  Jake Gyllenhaul

3.  Hmmmmm....have to get back to you on this one.

4. Vanilla- don't know why, it's always been my favorite smell.

5.  Salads

Jennifer-Quit

1.  I don't do Netflix

2.  I have been known to keep up with the Kardashians

3.  I was a wild child back in the day

4.  Vanilla - I make homemade fudge at Christmas and love them smell when I add vanilla extract.  Also vanilla candles.

5.  Steak - but don't have it often

Lisaml

1. Greys anatomy. 

2. I have a crazy and somewhat unhealthy fixation on Nsync. Even though they’re not together anymore I still follow them individually. 

3. I don’t think I can compete with the 900 sex operator. LOL.  roller, you win! 

4. Coffee brewing!!! 

5. Cereal with milk. Can I have both;-)?!

DLHaffner

Ha I love this thread, so fun!

1. I pretty much binge watch everything I watch on Netflix.  I usually reserve Netflix for the weekend, when I was quitting I was watching Magicians.  Altered Carbon, The OA, Black Mirror, Stranger Things, Dark, Travelers, The 100....I will basically watch anything Sci-Fi or Space and B movie...I'm fine with that.  I also have Amazon Prime and Hulu....I know I hate myself (joking) I need to get out more.

2. I don't follow any celeb per say but I live in Orange County...just south of LA so it's sort of unavoidable to hear Hollywood gossip.  It's part of our evening news.

3. Man, I wish I was a 900 number operatior...or was secretly in a band that was near Joan Jett!!  What!?  Sadly my less known item is not as ambitious, I am a high school drop out.  I finished my Freshman year in high school and was pretty rebellious so I moved out early and worked two jobs and didn't have time for work and school.  I did earn my good enough degree (GED) though and graduated with a Bachelors in Business Administration in 2015.

4. I am a SUPER smeller...meaning I seem to notice scent when others don't which has only amplified as a non-smoker.  I'm pretty stoked on Febreze Fresh Linen smell right now but I'm also a sucker for legit fancy French perfume.  Not department store perfume but the high-end boutique stuff.

5. Southern California Mexican food...it's a staple in our house.  Carnitas, Carne Asada, etc.

Roller831

I loved reading everyone's responses!  thanks for checking in and stay tuned for next week's check in.  I am happy to take suggestions for topics and I am also happy to continue posting weekly, share it with someone or pass it on to the nEXt EXer who is ready, willing, and able!  Until Monday....

Roller

0 Kudos