cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML Check In 7/26/2017

So I saw a blog post with a NML check in a while back.  The last check-in was on June 24 or something like that.  I am happy to take the lead for a while and post a weekly NML check in!  I'd love to know who is here with me!  I know Ready2021 is here with me and Diannnnn‌ will be here soon...

Welcome to The No Man’s (Woman’s) Land Roll Call revisited (AGAIN).  Let's tell everyone how we are doing!  Take a moment to check in!  Let's hang out and play for surely we are all in this together! 

No Man’s Land, for those who may not know yet, is approximately 30 day to 130 days into the quit.  Of course, some enter it sooner, some leave it later. There are many excellent expressions of this throughout the Ex Community, so I will let you find it for yourselves.  Check out these great posts!  

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

I will try to post a weekly discussion.  Hope to see all the NMLers at least stop by.  

Lets keep in touch and keep smoke free!

Roller with 35 DOF!

Tags (1)
35 Replies
ChangoGrande

Feeling your feelings is key, Christophina‌.  Burying them doesn't make them go away, it just hides them from sight (and actually, that hiding is just a delusion that we choose to believe--we haven't really hidden anything because we know those feelings are still there).  So the feelings continue to effect us, no matter how well we convince ourselves that we have buried them or somehow mystically removed them.

Glad to see you are hanging in there.  Keep doing that, keep feeling the feelings, and you will get through to the other side. The only way out is through.

Eric

TW517

I'm much more emotional on this quit compared to past.  I'm assuming because this time is cold turkey versus NRT's.  My daughter was here visiting for a week.  I dropped her off for her return fight at the airport yesterday, and as I pulled away, I broke down in tears.  I'll see her again in September!  I just saw her in April!   The other day, my wife brought something to me.  Don't even remember what it was now (like a pair of scissors or something).  I teared up thinking, "Oh she didn't have to do that, I could have got it myself".  

JACKIE1-25-15

Good stuff, continue to share.  I am @ 913 days and I can still learn.  Thanks.  Keep up the good work. 

maxie8

Yup, I'm in.  Today will be my 32nd day of freedom.  Looking forward to many more!

jbliesmer

i'm here!  82 DOF!

Jaime

Roller831

Glad there are quite a few of us sitting here in NML!  I will try to get a weekly post up on Wednesdays, but feel free to keep checking in here until next Wedensday!  Feeling your feelings is a good thing because it is the only way you can begin to deal with those feelings. We are here for each other and I am confident NML will not get any of us if we reach out here first!

Thanks for being a part of this amazing journey with me!

Ready2021

Im here got here late but I am here on this journey also 52 days and counting

Diannnnn

I made it!!!!!!!

I have entered NML! Today I am just happy to be at this point in my quit. I have kept my eye on this milestone and I made it! 

We can do this gang! We are together and supporting each other so we are definitely stronger than our Nicotine Addiction. Let's rock this time!

Thank you roller831‌ for starting this check in. I am thinking about quickly summarizing each day here, just like some of us do in the Keep Moving Challenge. Might help keep this thread fresh. Whatcha think?

Dian, 30 DOF  !!!!!

Roller831

Welcome to NML!!!  I am thrilled you made it and we will take this time on together!  I think your idea to post a quick summary or just how you are doing on a daily basis is great to to keep the weekly thread alive!  Great idea Diannnnn‌.  I was already preparing the weekly post for tomorrow in my head.  

I am doing ok today.  I am still not feeling 100%, but trying to get rest and heal the best I can.  

The disadvantages of smoking are many but those of quitting are none. The advantages of smoking are none but those of quitting are many.

Diannnnn

Thank you for the welcome! 

Just take it slow and the healing will happen. I hope you are feeling 100% soon.

I get to go for a follow up with my primary today and give him the 30 day news. I'm looking forward to that.  I rarely get to report that I am doing healthy things. Normally I would go in with a sheepish look and admit I suck at doing the right things.

Have you ever read any of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King? I keep picturing NML as a desert that is never asleep, where there are nasties hiding, waiting to attack our quit. I can't figure out why I am happy to be here....

Dian