cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cookie804

NICOTINE MONSTER ON RAMPAGE

I quit as of 7pm last night and the monster is after me but I am so far putting up a descent fight. I am quit several times but the monster gets me back.  Last time I quit for a year. This time it is for good. Please chat on our site to give each other support. God give me strength.

God bless

Carolyn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

blame it on smoking.

talk yourself out of it not into it.

0 Kudos
Deena-A-Yenni

Drink a glass of cold water.  Take a walk.  Distract yourself.  I'm told we should ride like a wave with the crave and come out of it smiling.  Not to fight it but to roll with it.  You can do it!!

0 Kudos

Hey Cookie, First few days are the hardest! But you WILL & CAN make it through! Do some more of the reading & get on-line & view the videos of the damage from smoking. THAT should help get you thru the crave. Drink Cranberry jc & take a walk. Even if it is hot outside; sweat your frustrations out & then take a nice shower. You have to put a conscious effort into this quit & take responsibility. You (we) can NEVER take another puff ever again! Why? Because we don't want to smoke ever again!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Hang in there  it gets better - read and educate yourself about nicotine addiction.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on your quit! You can do this! Be sure to check out the free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf 

And be sure to hang out here! 

0 Kudos

You can do it Caroline! It may not be the easiest thing in the world but it's not the hardest either. It's all about staying strong and saying NOPE when you want to give in to the urge. Education and attitude are so important to your quit journey and the key to continued success.You need to read all the links so you will know what to expect and how to win. The links will help you understand the different stages and symptoms you will face, how to get through them and how to re-learn life without cigarettes. 
  Don't allow yourself to think negative! If you allow yourself to think you are going to fail, you probably will. Put a solid "I'm Going to Win!" in your head. Write it down and tape signs everywhere to remind yourself that failure is not an option!
  When you have an urge, do something! Don't allow yourself to continue to think about it or tell yourself that you want a cigarette. Tell yourself this is nicotine addiction raring it's ugly head and DON'T give in to it. The urge WILL PASS! Just fight it while it's there.
  Take it 1 minute at a time! Those minutes will turn to hours and hours will soon turn to days. Before you know it, you will have a few months under your belt and will rarely even think of a cigarette.
  Don't allow yourself to get hungry or thirsty! Drink a glass of water and eat a healthy snack if you feel an urge coming on.
  Don't allow yourself to get overly tired. Your body will actually need more rest as it tries to heal itself from the addiction.
  Beware feelings of anger or feeling lonely. Remember, you are not alone! Every member of this group has been exactly where you are and we will be here to help you in any way we can. If you feel that you are about to break, come to us FIRST!! Let us help you through it.
0 Kudos
GreenThumb3

You can do it first few days can be bumpy hang in there 

0 Kudos
cookie804

Thank you guys so much for the encouraging words. Today is day 2 and I am getting ready to go to the gym. I generally go 3 times a week but haven't been going for the last month or so. 

I kept really busy yesterday after Sunday School and church but like I said the monster was chasing me. Everyone here helps me so much so please stay here because this site is the only support I have.

I took advice and drank plenty of water. I spent about 2 hours cleaning up my riding mower and it may seem strange but accomplished chores makes me feel good. Although when I finish a task I generally smoke a cigarette.  More water and you guys got me through without a puff. Not to say I didn't think about smoking but I did not cave in.

Thanks again for your support

God bless

Carolyn

0 Kudos
mdep4890-2

Last night I decided to move up my 'quit' date from August 18th to today August 13th. Mind you, I had already 'quit' several times since my initial date of July 28th, but I am simply ready now because this crazy addiction has nothing else left  to take from me or I have to give to it! You know what I mean, when you have to cut a fun time short just to run out and smoke, or you have to eat fast so you can get that smoke. Like the food tastes better with a cig, or the family outing is more fun because of the cig! No, I conclude that it takes away from little to big events in my life simply because I am not enjoying them at all. I am planning for the next smoke, then the next, and the madness goes on and on. I think I am just venting and purging out all my thoughts since I refuse to give in to this slight nagging feeling I am experiencing right now. But, I am not going to smoke because I am an EX Smoker and proud of it! Thanks to every blog I have read since starting on this site in early July, all the encouragement and motivation people send out daily to all, and I know that right now I am not going to give in. Hot Dog! If all of you can do this then so can I. Here I Go! 12 HOURS I HAVE BEEN FREE! (I quit last night at 9pm.)

0 Kudos