cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michelle38

NEW AND LOOKING FOR A STOP SMOKING FRIEND

HI MY NAME IS MICHELLE AND I AM FROM SOUTHEAST TEXAS I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A FRIEND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH AND SOMEONE TO TALK TO AND SOMEONE WHO I CAN LISTEN TO AND WE CAN SHARE EXPERIENCES  I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
ladypegasus

Hi My name is patty, I have been smoking since i was 11 , I am now 46, i am not quite ready to quit but i want to cut down on smoking and i know that will help me get ready to quit, i am so glad i found this site, anyone wanna be my quit buddy? I have e-mail and facebook and yahoo messanger, Thanks

0 Kudos
genie4

Hi Everybody. I'm desperately trying to quit. I can go all day until about 3 in the afternoon, then its off with the patch on on with the smoke...ugh!! I would love to have a quit buddly!!

0 Kudos
quit4bbf

HI Michelle,

My name is Amber and I'm new to the site. I have set my date for January  21st and, trust me, I am going to need a helping hand, too. I am already trying to make some changes to my smoking routines to get me out of the habit routine.  I'm happy to check in here to see how you are doing.  You might want to PM me or I can PM you as I want to make sure I see your messages and that you get mine,.  I'm trying to figure out the site. 

This will be my 3rd attempt to quit.  This time I feel I have extra incentive as my husband and I are planning a pregnancy this year.  In fact, I chose the avatar that I did so that my biggest incentive would always be staring at me.  Anyway, I'd like to hear some more about your reasons for wanting to quit so that I can be of better assistance later.  When you get some time, just shoot me a PM.  Hey, WE CAN DO THIS!  Thanks!  : -)

0 Kudos
quit4bbf

HI Genie!

Just wanted to say that first CELEBRATE your success of makiing it that long throughout the day.  I would have a terrible time with thet myself so WAY to GO! With as hard as it is to quit, I would celebrate every success no matter how large or  small. Okay, so now you have to figure out how to bypass that 3pm trigger or urge.  So, how do you beat your urges throughout the day before 3 pm?  Can you try to extend it to 3:15 or 3:30 to start and see if you can get that really strong urge to pass or simply stave it off until that time. I'm just thinking that if you have one at 3 o'clock each day then that is becoming a trigger in and of itself.  Or maybe try to have one earlier at like 2 or 2:30 to break that? That way, as you progress, you may be able to get past that time without a problem.  Just a thought. Best wishes and lots of encouragement.  I've smoked for over 20 years and have tried to quit 2 times before and I do know just how tough it is. YOU CAN DO IT! 

0 Kudos
quit4bbf

Oh, Genie, I should have mentioned that I'm here to help.  I will need some big help too as of Jan 21st and even before as I'm trying to make changes to my habits and my smoking routines now so that I can learn to do things without smoking. My biggest triggers are the morning cigarettes, driving, after a meal, and when I'm really stressed or really bored.  I'm going to have a lot of stress and life changes coming up in the next couple of months because I'm starting college again in February and we're moving.  So, I'm going to be pulling my hair out. 

0 Kudos
linds3

I need some one arround Ma Malden  Linda

0 Kudos