cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Frida1623

My letter to my health❤️

Hi guys , guess it’s more of a resume lol , sorry. Anyways, Today is my first day of reaching out, as I know for sure I may have passed my quit day by a few days, I’ve been semi reading all the helpful texts, but although I tried to   ignore most , as I felt I had the need to remain smoking my ECIG.

Im not  sure if this group applies to me , quitting, but I’m trying, & it’s kinda the same .

I use to be a real  smoker for over 20 years  or more. My youngest daughter one day helped me quit a few years ago, by introducing me to electric cigarettes . Anyways my device broke today, maybe g-d’s way of answering my prayers.  I know I can feel better , & I’ really strive to quit.  I’m home from work today (under the weather) & I cant help but cry or be depressed. It’s kinda Hard to focus, or feel good about my self, my life, my issues , On this 1st day .

but I know I want to quit .& I know my health is deteriorating from it all. I’m a single mom now, & just turned 58. I am blessed w 5 children & 5 great grandchildren. But Working long hours to support my self & my  almost 19 year old daughter has become hard. So the smoking is not helping the matter. I was a stay at home wife/mom for 34 years.

any tips to keep my mind focused would be greatly appreciated. 

P.s. That same little girl that helped me quit real cigarettes, is now addicted to Ecigs.

maybe I can quit & one day motivate her! 

Whooo! That felt good to share!

Thanks!

Xoxo                                                  

Charisse

15 Replies
indingrl

Welcome - NICOTINE ADDICTION is NICOTINE ADDICTION - vaping or cigarettes it still sucking on death - CONGRATS DAY ONE -  gentle hug

Barbscloud

Congrats on you first day of success.   The journey to being nicotine free has begun.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frida1623‌ we have resources for people trying to quit vaping too.

Parents of Vaping Teens and TweensE-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users

Quitting E-cigarettes | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  and Helping a Child Quit Vaping | BecomeAnEX 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Frida1623

Wow , thanks Mark! It hurts me so much watching her Vape

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're welcome Frida1623

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX, please pay attention to all of the stellar advice you have been given.  This site is absolutely the best place for you to be as you navigate your way to freedom.  It really does get easier, it just takes time.

Ellen