cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

carolpie51

My last quit

I know, we've all been there and said  that.  For me, once for 3 1/2 yrs.  Here I am at 55 yrs old, and all of a sudden it hits you...this sense of foreboding after abusing your lungs and life for so long.  Smokers aren't stupid people...we know what might or will happen.  I've had a small stroke (quit for 3 months till I felt better) , history of heart disease in the family, but now maybe a wake up call, that if I want to be that lovely grandma, or live to travel a bit, I best be taking care of myself.  I know it won't be easy and tomorrow is my quit day, but what I have to live for is much more important.  I am thankful for the internet to have found this site.  I played farmville and scrabble on the computer, smoking all the while.  No more games...tomorrow I will come here instead. To all those quitting on Feb. 7th, 2011, let's be friends 🙂 for a life!!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sam110205

I will be your buddy. I am 22, and quit on 1/31/11. Today is 7 days smoke free. I am using the commit lozenges so I feel as though I am "cheating" but I just pray they are healthier than smoking. This is a tough road, and now know how hard it was for my mom to hear me beg her to quit when I was younger, as I now have my own little one asking me to. I know I can do this, and I know you can too. My first day went smooth, I kept myself busy and I was surprised at how easy it was because I had my mind set to it. If you need to talk please message me. I have bad moments every day, and have NO ONE to talk to which is why I came here. Everyone I know smokes. It sucks!

0 Kudos
carolpie51

One week is 7 days more than me.  What a brave and determined person you are.  Life has been sad for yu but a far more beautiful loife awaits.  Thanks for saying hello and a needed friend.

0 Kudos

I just came to this site yesterday for the first time and have set a quit date of April 1st. Wish me luck 🙂

0 Kudos
carolpie51

You will be the smart one on April 1st.  I wish you all the luck in the world and a few down to earthly  good wishes too.  My compassion for your road ahead is mine as well. Feel the freedom.

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome to the site!  I was older than you and also had health issues and celebrated one year Quit yesterday.  My advice for now is to go to blogs because that is where we all hang out.  You will see more posts and get more replies to whatever you post.  You can go to Aztec or hwc page and find educational sites which will help. 

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Me again with more advice.  If you post some info in the about me part of your page, it will help folks relate to you.  You can click on people's names and send comments directly to them too.

0 Kudos
1tinkerd

Hello,

Just started EX today, I've been on Welbutrin XL for exactly 2 weeks and EX helped me pick a quit date of 3/23/11.  The way I am feeling I believe I will have quit by then.  I'm a smoker of 27 years, just turned 40 yo and diagnosed with COPD last year.  This has to be my "LAST QUIT"; I'm out of options at this point and I feel so tired all of the time.  I'm too young to feel this old!!  I will root for you all and if I find any little tips I will pass them on!!  I'm finding cinnamon candy to help with the oral fixation.......

0 Kudos
acornisheye

hi I am a newbie to this my quit date 28th feb stick with it you got your whole life to embrace and try chewing gum it just keeps you busy adn drinking water best of luck from the uk

0 Kudos
petlover98

Congrats hun !!!!! and remember keep that water and to do list handy.

0 Kudos