cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

iwshihad1

My Start Date is TODAY ! AHHHH

Today I am finishing up my last couple cig's and am not buying anymore!!!!! I am needing to quit! I realize it affects my ability to be healthy because I barely made it through a day of working out at the YMCA which I just joined . So I see how it affects me. I don't ant to be the guy dragging around the oxygen tank in the years to come. Also my kids have respiratory reactions to my smoking. :o(  My fiance complains about it and the smell. She makes me smoke outside and won't let me smoke in the car.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joka1324

Good for her to make you smoke away from them!! AND good for you to decide to quit! My kids helped me quit (Id di not smoke near them either)......I had them ask me every single morning before leaving "Mommy, please don't smoke today" and how do you not hold up to that?? I would be setting a horrible example (smoking was bad enough example) if I had told them I was quitting and then had to tell them I didn't do it or diappoint them by telling them I did what they asked me not to do. Lying was absolutely out of the question so I stuck with it! You can too!! Good luck and check out the Blog section!!

0 Kudos
helenr72

Good luck! Today is also my first day without cigarettes. I smoked a pack or more a day for 26 years. I am taking Chantix, but I still want one lol.

0 Kudos
iwshihad1

ahhh..helen be careful with the chantix...I started taking that a couple of months ago and it ended up causing SEVERE depression for me. It was so bad I unfortunately had to withdraw from this semester at school. So keep an eye out for signs of depression so it doesnt sneak up on you as it did me.

0 Kudos