cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pawr

My Reality

I find it interesting how addiction works on my mind. Logic seems to have little to do with the issue for me. I'm sitting here, really at peace. I'm a Christian and have had time today with my prayers. I've spent time doing some useful and fulfilling things personally and professionally and have 14 years into sobriety with 15 months smoke free. A beautiful, sunny day in Florida, and out of the blue, I think to myself how nice a couple cold beers and a cigarette would be. I guess it will always be part of my life. Thankfully, I will be a sober, non smoker tomorrow and can look forward to my next opportunity to reflect on the positive things that I have been blessed with as a result of the changes I have made so far. Happy and blessed Easter y'all.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Luckily a thought does not have to be a call to action!  I find that I,too, will have that passing thought still after 7+ years quit.  Watch it disappear from whence it came like a feather on a breeze.

And it's gone!  Pay it no mind.

indingrl

Pawr both 14 YEARS SOBER and 15 months as a NON SMOKER

0 Kudos
indingrl

Pawr - thank you in HIS love I love YOU

0 Kudos

So true! Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations on your sobriety and your smobriety you rock on both fronts.....

Barbscloud

Thanks for sharing.  It helps all of us and you.  15 months smoke free - wow, that's fabulous.

Barb